Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What's the Year in FL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, so you know how in the SP game, they say its been 800 years since the Sirius Exodus?

So... What do YOU think (or know) the year is?

I'm putting my money on about 815 AE
On Wikipedia it said, that the Starlancer storyline is going on in 2160.

Given the fact, that even the bigest XX-century wars didn't last more than 20 years, and that thanks to space-faring technology, war became even faster, I'd say, the exodus took place at most 10-20 years later (would take time to bring the aliance to its knees). Let's say the sleepers left in..2180. Plus 800 years gives...2980. So it would be nearly the third millenium here in Sirius

And as for the AE date in Sirius, I agree, 815. plus-minus 2 years
Try not to double post. That's why there's an edit button.

Anyway.. Good to know.
I'd have thought it being 830-850 by now.. About 6 big wars, and 4-5 large RPs. Be a few years between them all, and each would take approximately a year.

BTW, did we ever decide how much we would assume it would be in time per RP thread? Like from start to finish, that being one year or what? Or have it go up one year per month or two.

We need some way to calculate the time it is. Also, remember, they say that was ALMOST 800 years ago. Meaning its been quite a few years now, not just 15.. More like 30 for your 815 estimate. For mine, it would be 45-65.
I try not to think of the year. For every character the time passes slightly different.

For example, Roddy and Rita, got their Rheinland GB and then several RPs later, they ahve been flying it for about 12 years now. It doesn't really matter though, since im not planning on making them Die of Old age.

Verginix out
That would be anticlimatic....

Well, I think I'd put my money on about 850, plus or minus a bit depending on when the Bret-Kusari war started and a few other things.