Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: i have a question about rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
' Wrote:5. General PvP Rules

5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) until four hours have passed from the time of his/her destruction.

If the player respawns in the same system, he/she must leave the system within 10 minutes of his destruction without engaging anyone, except in self-defense. Other players are not allowed to attack one who is leaving.

I assume that this rule has been changed since i have last played.

So this includes trade ships now too?

i was un aware of this and was informed by a pirate when i re-entered the system from witch i lost in a pvp battle.

i did not know it had changed i just want to know what the deal is now with it to prevent me from breaking any rules.
This rule does not apply to traders. If you are killed by a pirate, you can still reenter the system to continue trading. However, you can't get killed by a pirate then reenter the system and hunt down the pirate with the intent of attacking him. You can only do it for trade.
' Wrote:This rule does not apply to traders. If you are killed by a pirate, you can still reenter the system to continue trading. However, you can't get killed by a pirate then reenter the system and hunt down the pirate with the intent of attacking him. You can only do it for trade.

i was not going to attack him, i actually avoided im by flying 25 km over the tradelanes. i had put some RP into the system and he pm'd me saying that i was not aloud to re-enter the system for four hours. i was confused because i always thought trades were excluded from the 4 hour rule so long as they did not engage.

Thank you for the help. :D
If we encounter a pirate, paid him and left can we get in a fighter and pwnzorz him still?
As in I thought the rule applied, but if it doesn't then does paying him count as fleeing?

Though I wonder what idiot of a trader would want to enter a priate infested system a second time.
Quote:If we encounter a pirate, paid him and left can we get in a fighter and pwnzorz him still?
As in I thought the rule applied, but if it doesn't then does paying him count as fleeing?
I think you can... At least, I do it.
' Wrote:If we encounter a pirate, paid him and left can we get in a fighter and pwnzorz him still?

Though I wonder what idiot of a trader would want to enter a priate infested system a second time.
You could probably get away with it, but you would be a moron if you do it.
' Wrote:If we encounter a pirate, paid him and left can we get in a fighter and pwnzorz him still?

By rules, yes. By decency rules, no.

Stop saying pwned too. Its irritating.
Depends what you mean by decency.

I trade alot, I encounter pirates. They never destroy me, but I do go and tell people there are pirates there so that they get destroyed.

One time I did it myself - but that was about 20 mins after I encountered him and I was bored.
Paying, then switching to a fighter to attack him is within rules, but should only be used if you're in a lawful player faction, where it's your job to stop any pirates you find. Like if I attacked a transport in Kyushu, and that player was in IG or KNF, I wouldn't think badly if he switched. If the trader switches to a merc or something stupid to attack me for revenge, I'd be rather angry at him and he can expect to be charged a ton of money next time he shows up.