Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hud issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:*6 Why has a Corsair got a rep friendly to the KNF??? WTF??? If this keeps us we might have a faction name change. I could definitely see myself as admiral of the WTF faction...

I have seen so many of these messages its making me feel like throwing up. Not because its numerous. Its because the people are so content to blame others.

Here is a fact about the HUD.

The colors of others you see is effected by YOUR rep list. The fact that the Corsair showed up green, was because YOU have a GREEN rep to Corsairs. HE had KNF and KSP RED on his. YOU showed up red to him, because he has the NPC faction you use the tag of, red. He saw you red because his rep list is in order. You saw him as green, because the BAF you kill makes Corsairs happy. You now have Corsairs green on your list.

To summerize: The color of other players that have proper faction tags is determined by your rep list, and is YOUR fault if its not the right color. The other player is not at fault and should not be blamed because you do not have the right rep list.

Also, I believe unlawful vs lawful takes precedence over unlawful vs unlawful, except in the Outcast vs. Corsair case. Therefor, I believe Xenos and Corsairs would work to kill the lawful forces, then once they have succeeded, they either fight, or go separate ways and fight when there is not lawful complicators.

I'm especially sick of the first thing. Before you point fingers, make sure the finger is pointed at the right person.

I'm also sick of the second. Pirates WILL work together with NAPs to defeat lawfuls, as your an enemy to both pirates, and a bigger and overall stronger enemy. They want to do more damage to you than to each other, except in the Corsair vs Outcast situation. Your a military and lawful organization, this is going to happen, and there is nothing to do but get used to it.
TO: ALL KNF
COMM ID:Cptn.Domingo.Lopez[TBH]

Thank you so much Dab...i think its about time KNF gets it together and stop pointing fingers whe its really them...USE LOGIC!
' Wrote:I have seen so many of these messages its making me feel like throwing up. Not because its numerous. Its because the people are so content to blame others.

Quit screaming like a petulant child and threatening to puke all over, and I might listen to what you have to say, Dab. The curse of Isness and Greyface is upon you. Erleichda.

And when was the last time you ignored a little glitch or two in your own rep list, perhaps out of convenience, or laziness?

Quote:Also, I believe unlawful vs lawful takes precedence over unlawful vs unlawful, except in the Outcast vs. Corsair case. Therefor, I believe Xenos and Corsairs would work to kill the lawful forces, then once they have succeeded, they either fight, or go separate ways and fight when there is not lawful complicators.

Well, thank you for your opinion. Or your beliefs. At least this time you clarified that it isn't "Gospel".

Quote:I'm especially sick of the first thing. Before you point fingers, make sure the finger is pointed at the right person.

Start speaking in a more rational tone, mate. If we have questions or issues, we have every right to address them, just as you do. Sorry about this thing you have about puking your shoestrings up. Get used to that.

Quote:I'm also sick of the second. Pirates WILL work together with NAPs to defeat lawfuls, as your an enemy to both pirates, and a bigger and overall stronger enemy. They want to do more damage to you than to each other, except in the Corsair vs Outcast situation. Your a military and lawful organization, this is going to happen, and there is nothing to do but get used to it.

Ain't if fun?
' Wrote:Quit screaming like a petulant child and threatening to puke all over, and I might listen to what you have to say, Dab.
Unwilling to listen, shows how much you care.

I've never ignored a glitch. If I find one, I fix it. And I'm not saying you don't. What I don't do that alot of others are, is blame other people for it. Blame people who are not at fault. All your doing in this thread is trying to insult me for pointing this out.

Not my fault you aren't happy with it, neither are those you are blaming.
NOW FOR SALE!

100% Asbestos Flame-proof suits

Only 50 zorkmids each!

Get them while they're hot...figuratively speaking.
' Wrote:Unwilling to listen, shows how much you care.

I've never ignored a glitch. If I find one, I fix it. And I'm not saying you don't. What I don't do that alot of others are, is blame other people for it. Blame people who are not at fault. All your doing in this thread is trying to insult me for pointing this out.

Not my fault you aren't happy with it, neither are those you are blaming.

Sigh:

Message to: All KNF pilots
Comm ID: The Fool
Subject. Huddy Duddy

Boys,

Go over to Amori and Akita and take some stinky Corsair missions, k?

Let's make someone "happy" today.

oh, and if you get a chance, kill a few dozen Xenos as well.

I plan to.

Hai Foolish Command!
Oh heck...

Mal, Dab, please don't start. I ask as a friend and a fellow player, please don't make me go in there and Lock the sh*t outta this place.

Yes, Dab can be an ass. I will point out that in this case, he has a valid point. However Dab, your little explanation was a tad uncalled for. Learn restraint and courtesy.

This is an official Moderator Ultimatum. Ignore it at your own peril.
Well I confess Dab was using my line so it's me who was ignorant of the reputation system and huds and whatnot. Dab - don't yell, I'm new at this, OK?

While Dab's eloquent opinions on who should do what to who are...er... lenghty... the decisions have already been made. I may not be an expert in game mechanics but I try to keep an eye on what's what in Sirius.

The Brother Hood has more common goals than points of conflict with Kusari. You could say we are aligned. The corsair in question, Lopez, should not have been attacking Kusari forces already stretch to the point where I couldn't type, read and fly at the same time. The corsair broke his own faction's rules of engagement/alignments (call it what you will). (If any disciplinary action is to be taken it is an internal matter and none of our business.)

Now, on reflection, I should have stayed 'shot' the first time instead of trying to assist in combat. A valuable lesson when trying to make sense of a confusing situation is now learnt.

Second combined point about Lopez is that he aided a Xeno. It's not up to personal opinion, the Brother Hood is aligned against Xenos. No one likes them. They're a bit weird.

Noone in the KNF should attack the TBH. Repeat Do Not randomly attack corsair players aligned with the Brother Hood. Non TBH ships are, I guess, fair game but only if they're in Kusari space. We don't want to provoke war on every front. TBH ships should not (stares pointedly at Supernova) attack Kusari ship so attacking them shouldn't come up as an issue.

Hopefully this encounter is laid to rest as the petty squabble it is. Dab should control his temper, take tranquillisers, maintain civility and maybe take something for that testosterone. Malaclypse will have a filter placed on his communications system to remove sarcasm and will also be put on a course of tranquillisers. We'll leave the Brother Hood to address Lopez/Supernova's behaviour at their leisure. I hope all is well now.

Thankyou.
' Wrote:Well I confess Dab was using my line so it's me who was ignorant of the reputation system and huds and whatnot. Dab - don't yell, I'm new at this, OK?

I wasn't yelling at you. Alot of people have been doing this (people I've told the same things to I did here) and then doing it again and again. I was just using your sentence as the most recent example. I'm mostly mad about the people who know these things, and continue to blame them.

Quote:The corsair in question, Lopez, should not have been attacking Kusari forces already stretch to the point where I couldn't type, read and fly at the same time. The corsair broke his own faction's rules of engagement/alignments (call it what you will). (If any disciplinary action is to be taken it is an internal matter and none of our business.)

I thought TBH was hostile to all houses?
' Wrote:I wasn't yelling at you. Alot of people have been doing this (people I've told the same things to I did here) and then doing it again and again. I was just using your sentence as the most recent example. I'm mostly mad about the people who know these things, and continue to blame them.
I thought TBH was hostile to all houses?

In just one battle many of us made mistakes and have learnt from them. This is probably good.

Read TBH message dump for more details as to their goals re House Kusari. It's an open channel so anything they put there isn't exactly a secret. As you will read, the conflict with Kusari and Bretonia skews things in odd ways.

Pages: 1 2