Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can't Run Singleplayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, as the topic title says, I am unable to run Singleplayer Mode, this is a bit of a nuisance as I am left without the option of testing ships other then through Discovery of Discovery. Here is what happens, I Run Freelancer as Administrator, Click Singleplayer, and it sends me back to the desktop and tells me the program has stopped responding.

I need your help!
reinstall freelancer.

Usually works.
For a weird reason, when I tried SP, I was in a flea in the middle of Omicron Major (Or anyway, the locked system where the FP7 is) and my mission is to reach Toledo.
' Wrote:So, as the topic title says, I am unable to run Singleplayer Mode, this is a bit of a nuisance as I am left without the option of testing ships other then through Discovery of Discovery. Here is what happens, I Run Freelancer as Administrator, Click Singleplayer, and it sends me back to the desktop and tells me the program has stopped responding.

I need your help!
Is it possible you turned Open SP off? Or is it vanilla FL?
As I recall, since the starting point has been changed from NY, SP is no longer supported.
' Wrote:As I recall, since the starting point has been changed from NY, SP is no longer supported.
Yeah, he's right, story mode doesn't work in .85, but open SP should.
Try reeinsatlling?
Make sure your installation isn't missing any files, and that you're not trying to load a previously saved campaign file. Open SP should work fine with 4.85.

If all else fails, re-install.
so we cant play the campaign at all? man i really wanted to play it in 85 and i was trying to figure out what i did wrong setting it up to make it not work...but i guess that makes sense if you dont start in NY it wouldnt work...

are they ever gonna do that? like make the campaign work again? i mean all the old places are still there, just itll have more extra stuffs to it right!?