Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Leaving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Caribe, I have no idea what to say. Don't loose hope, there has to be something better there!
Caribe, I've had some great times flying around and blowing things up with you.

Good luck with your job and life, and hopefully we can all still communicate on the forums. Plus, you can't give up CCC:P-- You can, don't worry about it:)

Hope to see you around, man:)

Hype:cool: (Lots of smilies for you:))

Ok I assume most of you will want to know how I'm doing in my job and here it is: IT S***S. Meh felt like typing it in spanish but only Korrd and a few others would understand ... What can I say I'm really starting to hate my job. Note: If you have earthlink throw it in the trash cause its a piece of s***. What worse is I have to lie to a customer saying o ya earthlink is greeeeat you'll like it. 2 days later the same customer might be calling back because something crashed.

Now I'm not offending anyone or being racist be seriously the department in india has no idea what it's doing. And when we get a call everyone wants us to solve the problem right there because noone wants their call to end in india agian. Like for example yesterday I got a call transferd from india. And I just glanced at the troubleshooting it went like this: "Problem: Customer cannot send email from outlook. Soulution: Tried to iniciate live support. Customer says she is in a hotel using their internet. Transfered to Senior Tech." Guess what all I had to do was change a stupid port from 25 to 587 and she was able to send email and I didn't need to use the live support s***.

Then I also get calls like this:
Note: my thoughts are in ()

Me: Blah Blah Blah, How may I help you.

Customer: I can't connect.

Me: (Like everyone else I got today) Ok, whats your email and phone number, modem, operating system, etc.

<Customer gives me them.>

Me: Ok what lights are on your modem?

Customer: They're all off.

Me: (WTF) Did you just say they are all off? Including Power?

Customer: Yes

Me: (-.-) Ok please check the cables and plug in any that are not.

Customer: <Does it then comes back> They are all plugged in.

Me: Lights still off?

Customer: Yes

Me: (-.-) Please turn on your modem.

Customer: All lights turned on.

Me: (Hurray and I only have 5mins on this call my Average Handel Time will be on the floor by the end of today)

Customer: They all turned off.

Me: (Oh S***) Ok please turn on your modem agian.

<Nothing happens>

<Tried agian>

<Nothing happens>

Me: Ok mam can you please check the cables agian.

<After 5mins>

Customer: Oh my power cable is unplugged.

Me: (...) OK please connect the cable and turn the modem on.

Customer: All lights are on.

Me: Ok now get on your computer to see If you are connected to the internet.

Customer: So I don't need this cable.

Me: (?) What cable?

Customer: The Internet one.

Me: (In our language its called an RJ45 or ethernet cable for people like you) Yes It has to be plugged in to the back of your computer so we can check to see if you got internet.

Customer: Ok

<after about 3mins>

Customer: I can't find the hole to plug this in.

Me: (WTF How?) Ok you say you cannot find the hole? It is a hole so that only that cable can fit in.

Customer: Nah I cant find it.

Me: (Are you blind?) Ok how did you get internet before if you do not know where the whole is?

Customer: Oh I took the cable off to try to get internet to my laptop.

Me: So put the cable back to where you took it off from.

Customer: I cant find it.

Me: (...) Ok you mentioned you have a laptop lets go there then.

Customer: Ok

<After a while>

Customer: I'm starting up my laptop.

Me: Ok

Customer: Oh My I think I forgot my password.

Me: What password?

Customer: Then one to get on my computer.

Me: (You got to be f***ing kidding me ...) Ok in that case lets go back to your desktop and try to find the hole to plug the cable back in.

Customer: But I have tried and haven't found it.

Me: (... Ok you got me annoyed enough) Is there anyone else in the house that can check to see where the hole is?

Customer: No, but my daughter will be coming home later. Do you want me to call back later when she's here?

Me: (No I want to stay on the phone talking about how nice it is to receive calls like this ...) Yea that will be ok.

Customer: Ok good bye

Me: (at last) Bye

End of Call

So as you see this get real interesting in there. To make things more interesting my group has been getting smaller and smaller. We started out as 20 agents and 2 supervisors. Now we are 7 agents (which I know about 3 that are planing to leave including me) and 2 supervisors (which I know 1 is leaveing soon). So yea we are all low on moral.

So as for me I'm planing on quiting. Going to a different job (better pay and better position and best of all don't need to stand customers). For the moment I might have to post some more interesting stories in here.:P

Bye for Now

Caribe
' Wrote:Ok

So as for me I'm planing on quiting. Going to a different job (better pay and better position and best of all don't need to stand customers). For the moment I might have to post some more interesting stories in here.:P

Bye for Now

Caribe

now that was funny:)

Cheers
I enjoyed that one mate. Sounds like a cough *Interesting* job.

Verginix Out
Dude, thats just horrible.

Note to self: Do not be a phone tech guy thingy:P
Help desk work is a laugh a minute. Did it for a while before my doctor advised me my brain cells were dying. (OK, that bit about the doctor is a lie, but I KNEW they were dying!) Tech support in an office or school is much better where you can run around to computers, disassemble them for no good reason, tell people to balance the printer on their head if there's a paper jam, chat to the pretty receptionist (in a platonic sort of way of course) or in the worst case hide in the server room and defrag the hard drive pretending it's something that needs supervision.
i do something similar...just today i got a call like that...although i don't work on help desk, people on work call me for different reasons...(i am sorta network admin there)...

question of the day (05.04.07):

Why my printer doesn't work?

After i got there i saw paper has stuck in it and printer returned error...but imagine this...it didn't keep him of sending 572 MORE printing requests to that same printer...he pressed print button for like half an hour before he called me...

people really know how to take stupidity to the whole new level....
I am also a former service industry professional. You might get a taste of what I used to do if you talk to Mike at Colonial Credit Union.

I feel your pain Caribe. If can't manage to leave your work at work and not bring it home then a service job like that one is not a good idea. Having feelings like that at work only means you are bringing all that home and putting it on your family (disco included.)

I truely hope you find a job that is more rewarding.
Well you got to start somewhere with your job. I hope you get a promotion. Caribe
Pages: 1 2 3