Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cannot talk to bar population.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure how long it's been like this for me but I am unable to talk to the people in the bar of any station that I've tried at. The general populace cannot even be selected (cursor does not change to a speech bubble nor anything else). The bartender shows a blank bubble but cannot be "talked" to, that is nothing happens if I click on the character.

I tried re-installing the Discovery mod but that didn't fix it.

Any ideas?:wacko:
It must be a server side problem because it is exactly the same for me.
I had that problem once while trying to take a Rheinland police bribe on planet New Berlin. It solved itself homehow but i never did find the cause.
I have this problem as well.
I have it as well
I think it's becuase the server is lagging when you are in the bar.

Don't quote me on that though.
logging out normaly helps sometimes. andi think it is caused by lag.

also, seth, unblock me on skype please?
Oh, sorry, unblocked. Why the heck did I block you? You must have added me without saying where you were from.
Bumping this one back up to the top as it just happened to me. Have switched between four different characters, logged off and on again, restarted freelancer, reloaded Discovery and restarted computer - as such, I'm fairly confident it's not a local issue - though I do only have one account, so it might be a corruption issue?

To clarify the bug itself: Enter the bar and hover over the barman - he shows the "nothing to say" speech bubble. When clicked the bubble disappears (without entering into a conversation with him) and after a few seconds the empty bubble will come back but you are still unable to start a conversation with anyone present

Time of post concurs with time of the problem happening if it might help to look at the logs. Cheers!
It is a server issue. It goes away after the daily reboot. One day I guess I might figure it out ... or not.
Pages: 1 2