Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Advice/Opinions on This CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to upgrade my computer in the next months.
Looking for something fairly cheap but also reliable and a bit powerful.
Going from a AMD Sempron 3000+ by the way.

Looking through AMD Dual Cores on Newegg I found this one for 74.99

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16819103687
AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Plus some of the combo deals look interesting.

CPU + 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 RAM for 130
CPU + GIGABYTE Mob for 150

Main Uses are Gaming and for School.

Anyone Have it or had experiences with it?
No I don't have such things inside my house.:P. But by the look of them and the pros and cons on the site. I say buy them if you got the money. The motherboard is a good one Gigabyte always makes good mobos. Also the CPU showed there should work like a charm with that motherboard.
Aye the combos are good priced.
Might go for a full size motherboard though not a Micro. And get the 4GB DDR2 800 RAM/CPU combo.

Mostly Pros and not many Cons so thats always a good thing.
I just got the black edition that is a 3.4 dual at my house. It runs freaking great. I went with the msi motherboard and not a hitch... go ddr 3.

win 7 gets a 7.4 on mem with crap kingston value ram ddr1300
' Wrote:I just got the black edition that is a 3.4 dual at my house. It runs freaking great. I went with the msi motherboard and not a hitch... go ddr 3.
Black Edition of the Above Processor?
It seems you can OC to 3.3 on Stock Cooling easily with low voltage and temp on a stock Cooling from reading the reviews. I can just always do that to get a speed fix.
DDR2 is cheaper and fits in my budget. I'm going with a MSI motherboard however that supports the Socket needed.
around 70 bucks is not a bad investment consider your hopping of point to get a decent/good dual core