Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Balance in Cap ship design amongst the houses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
uhh - is it a secret who plays the emperor? or why does no one name him... i mean i know who it is... but i wonder if there s an unspoken agreement not to say who it is ( regarding the main forum account ) - and the emperors palace is a pure RP ship for embassador duties and parades. - its not really meant for pvp, cause its not really balanced much, it s a "bit" on the powerful side there.
Its a semi secret, I DO believe
Really? I thought everyone knew?

*cough* anyhow...

For current Bretonian Dreadnought plans, check this thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45707

Thacker also posited designs for a Bretonian light gunship a while back. As to whether anything will come of it remains to be seen.
Things would be pretty boring I think if all of the houses had a Gunboat, Cruiser, Dessie, Battlecruiser, Dread/Battleship and Carrier.
Particularly Rhienland, their military strategy seems to be reliant mostly on heavy bomber and fighter craft to break the back of Liberty's massive fleet. Them making more capital ships at this time would see rather futile, as they would be much more expensive and at the end of the day not much use against Liberty's massive capital ship fleet.

Rhienland needs less caps, more Fafnirs.
I guess I found out who the emperor was when he yelled at me after I attacked him unfairly...

:(

Anyway - out of everyone, Kusari and Bretonia seem to need more love. If you also care to compare: Rheinland has 2 bombers and a SHF, Bretonia has the paladin, Kusari has... nothing new?
I would like to see Rheinland get a dedicated carrier - either filling the battlecruiser slot (like the order carrier) or a light battleship role. They rely so much on fighters and bombers that it makes sense for them to have a carrier that doesnt cost as much to move as their battleships do.

Kusari is getting a battlecruiser - Bretonia definitely needs a battlecruiser to counter.

However, outside of those two ships, I dont see much need for any others, and I certainly do not want to see battlecruisers for anyone but the order, img, bhg, and house militaries. Criminal and pirate groups - even groups as big as the corsairs and outcasts - should not have the level of technological advancement to make battlecruisers.

Quote:but Kusari..not sure if they got much lovin recently.

Kusari has some of the best pvp ships in the mod, that's probably why they're neglected =P The most manuverable fighters/bombers, arguably the best gunboat (same number of forward turrets as the bhg gunship, similar size, but it has a forward gun), the best cruiser class ship in the mod, and a heavy battleship compared to bretonia's "light" battleship (it's only light by stats, the thing is ridiculously huge).

Quote:Kusari has... nothing new?

I know it doesnt really count as far as house military ships, but I rather like my hogosha black dragon VHF =P
' Wrote:Rhienland needs less caps, more Fafnirs.
I agree until a certain point. You are right that we rely on our fighters/bombers primarily, in order to win the war against liberty. And it would be pretty idiotic to get into this war with huge and expensive capital ships only. As we know from the history of Rheinland, tossing in dozens of large green bricks will end in a desaster. The Sigma 13 incident showed this.

But that doesn't mean, that there is no room for additional utility vessels. We have already some hospital-prison-hybrid and a repair ship. I see some more need for exploration vessels, MND utility vessels and so on. It don't need to be the big guns, but some more RP spice to the soup would be adorable.

' Wrote:I would like to see Rheinland get a dedicated carrier - either filling the battlecruiser slot (like the order carrier) or a light battleship role. They rely so much on fighters and bombers that it makes sense for them to have a carrier that doesnt cost as much to move as their battleships do.
Actually the Rheinland battleship serves as a carrier. All neccessary parts like hangars and starting bays are within the huge hull.
Quote:Actually the Rheinland battleship serves as a carrier. All neccessary parts like hangars and starting bays are within the huge hull.

The rheinland battleship is 'capable' of serving as a carrier, yes, but it is in no way ideal for the task. Rheinland isnt exactly abundant with wealth anymore, as you well know being a member of the RM yourself. Can you imagine how much fuel and resources are consumed just to move a rheinland battleship from one system to another? Not a very efficient carrier, IMO - I would consider the RHBS as more of a huge defensive platform, or something you move into enemy territory when you need a big hammer to hit things with and the cost of using the ship can be justified.

A carrier needs to be able to field fighters and bombers within enemy territory, and Rheinland deserves a battlecruiser just like the other houses have - so why not take a queue from the Order LAC in it's design? Something larger than a normal battlecruiser, fitting with Rheinland's concept of big ships, but far smaller than the rheinland battleship - and thus far cheaper to operate.
ok it sadly seems that Bretonia is the most neglected so maybe we need to focus our efforts there for the time being. I doubt the Kusari need anything new they are the best of the best it appears at present

I do hope that dreadnaught comes into play.

maybe they should get a carrier albeit nothing to sprits something to Rp something that can take hits something one can pretend to have fighters // not going too far into that I have seen how touchy a subject that is.

I most definitely think that a cruisers or an answer to the Kusari Lolwut battleship should be answered to
// Even a light cruiser or carrier to ferry members of government an keep them safe is a logical course of action

we Dont need fighters an bombers we have them dont need any new capital class transports there is no point in having something that will just be slaughtered because there is a poorly balance military force.
// No offense Do love you members of the baf just pointing out extreme capital neglect

Sorry in regards again to the whole old fashioned craft from Starlancer if the designing of the Fish bretonian caps is to hard why not role play bringing designs from history books an pull designs or designs based on the british vessels there (Idk Ans Reliant. The Endeavor or Victorious) I personally think this is the only logical way to go if its to hard on designers it makes the ability to balance amount of capital ship types easier an it would be much fairer on the brets against say the rest of SIRIUS when they are most definitely in need of more capital class designs or are the armed forces even more rag tag than a group of Zoners who manage to come up with more designs it is silly to have a house in such a state.

' Wrote:<...>However, outside of those two ships, I dont see much need for any others, and I certainly do not want to see battlecruisers for anyone but the order, img, bhg, and house militaries. Criminal and pirate groups - even groups as big as the corsairs and outcasts - should not have the level of technological advancement to make battlecruisers. <...>

They might have. But I dont see the reason they should.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5