Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A question concerning smuggling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may turn into a flame war, which I don't want, but here goes anyways.

In the last two days I have seen the same situation happen each day...

Smuggler X is moving <insert banned item>, they are spotted by Lawfull A and scanned and the <insert banned item> is discovered.

However, Lawfull A fails to intercept Smuggler X, who docks, offloads smuggled items, loads legal items and undocks.

At this point Lawfull A calls upon Smuggler X to halt and pay the fine for carrying <insert banned item>, despite the fact that Smuggler X is now carrying legal items.

The first time I saw this happen, it ended with Smuggler X being killed and losing thier LEGAL load.

The second time I saw this happen, Smuggler X decided to be cheeky and 'tease' Lawfull A, by docking and undocking a couple of times, which was silly of them IMO.

What I want to know is what people think about that situation and what they think is 'doable'.

Note: I haven't used names in this post, so that the people involved don't need to worry about being annoyed by people due to things they have done. I only hope it doesn't lead to any of my ships being made KOS. :)
If it's discovered and they can provide proof (that's if you wannatake it to the forums) then sure they can. It's their job to fine smugglers, technically if it's the cops they could bring you in. But due to certain technical surcumstances that's not as effective as it may seem.
Having smuggled extensively, I can safely say the answer is "yes", as long as they have actually scanned you in person or you appear on the forums as a wanted smuggler.
Quote:The second time I saw this happen, Smuggler X decided to be cheeky and 'tease' Lawfull A, by docking and undocking a couple of times, which was silly of them IMO.

Did the character have "Phoenix" in it? If so, I thinks it was me.

Though I think that as long as the person has a screenshot of you, or claims to the answer is yes.
Yes.