Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Commodity : Infantry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I managed to create everything for a new commodity, except the name and the description. Is there any tutorial on how to add those two values to the respective .dll file?

Thanks in advance.

So far for that. Now here is my proposal:

Quote:[Image: mawark.png]
<house> Infantry Soldier

Due to the rising tendencies and the general wish for security within their borders, the houses uphold huge armies of soldiers.

Okay, the description is not the best, but that can be edited.

Now what I am thinking of:

On the respective house planets you can acquire the infantry and ship them to battleships at the borders and remote house stations. (e.g. Rugen Station in Omega 3 for Rheinland Soldiers.) The profit needn't to be high, but enough to give the house militaries something to do with their traders.

Each unit takes 5 cargo units, due to their armour and weapons.
Maybe you can sell them for more on enemy planets? Like an invasion?
I think 5 per soldier is a bit too much. Military Vehicles take 5 , right ? Make it like 2 or 3.
' Wrote:I think 5 per soldier is a bit too much. Military Vehicles take 5 , right ? Make it like 2 or 3.
The Military Vehicles use 10. Even prisoners use 5.
' Wrote:Maybe you can sell them for more on enemy planets? Like an invasion?

With Rep of some Enemy Faction you cant land on their Planets.
I am pretty sure that Military Vehicles use 5. I can carry 666 on my Frigate ( thats why I remember it hehe). If it took 10 , the salvager would have 6660 cargo space.
Why make it unprofitable? Make it have huge profits! This could be a great RP opportunity; think about it- an enemy House can intercept the transports, tractor in the troops, and deliver them to a prison station!

And I agree- 5 is a tad too much.
' Wrote:I am pretty sure that Military Vehicles use 5. I can carry 666 on my Frigate ( thats why I remember it hehe). If it took 10 , the salvager would have 6660 cargo space.
A geez... you are right. Sorry, sometimes my mathematical brain is out for a beer.:crazy:

Well, then like two cargo slots is reasonable: one for the human itself, one for the equipment.

' Wrote:Why make it unprofitable? Make it have huge profits! This could be a great RP opportunity; think about it- an enemy House can intercept the transports, tractor in the troops, and deliver them to a prison station!
Exactly one of my thoughts. This commodity will add much RP possibilities, especially if I design the trade routes, that the most profitable points will be directly next to the borders. (Westphalia, Schwerin)
' Wrote:The Military Vehicles use 10. Even prisoners use 5.
Prisoners take up more space than military personnel. Prisoners have to be put in cells or otherwise bound. 2 people per cell. Then people to guard, feed, manage them. Etc. Military personnel use up less space. Also, some naval ships have 2 people sharing the same bunk. One has the midnight shift, the other has the day shift. While one's sleeping, the other's working. When that one ends his shift, the other one starts his. 2 people for the space of one.
What'd be cool is if we could find some method of forcefully transferring these infantry from one ship to another during combat, and as the number of enemy troops on your ship increases, your ship starts taking hull and component damage. This way you could play out boarding actions that actually have an effect on the battle.
Pages: 1 2