Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: revised order recon cruiser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
so - here is a revised version of the recon cruiser. - some people complained about its shape and aesthetics - especially the "can like" dome of the bridge structure.

now here is a bulky version of it..

[Image: revisedorderrecondestroyer.png]

it is easy to see that this would not be such an agile and defensive ship - but rather a fully fletched heavy cruiser. - it is MUCH closer to the osiris but makes use of smaller twin engines instead of the liberty model. - i chose this idea over the "drum" model of liberty capships, - cause i think a more internal engine supports the idea of a "stealthier" ship - however much its worth when flying a ship of that size anyway.
the ship still looks a lot skinnier than the osiris but a good deal heavier than the current recon cruiser - i believe. so it would fit to the shipclass.

i got rid of the hexagon shaped frame that functioned as the main sensor array and got down to only add multiple antennas - that doesn t make any more sense but looks like its a listening post.

i d also have to say that i m not sure if i even skin this ship - cause i think that the current recon ship is more than good enough AND it also has a perfect hitbox and balance. so this ship could only be added if someone else was willing to make a hitbox for it - and i don t only mean one of two attempts and then give up ... but to go all the way until there is a hitbox that actually works 100%.
love love love it ... but ... current one is alright too ... if you guys have free time and nothing else to do ... you can complete hit box or what ever there is needed ...
Looks very good, but there could be one improvement. Try to delete the left wing that doesn't show on the right side. Or add one wing like that on the right side too.
Well, this one looks a lot better, but it's different from Order's capship style in the same ammount.

Maybe try redesigning the front top part, this way to me it looks too similar to Mako' top armor.
This looks more like a heavier cruiser...

Could this or the other one become an order research liner?
i cant wait to see hitbox for this one...and i expect that those antennas be hittable...:P
I like it a lot,but hitbox could be problem,ship looks much bulkier.
jinx. im curious. do you hate me? or is there some bitter past between us? or maybe a feud that has lasted lifetimes?

cuz while you make some really nice models, they always are awkwardly shaped when it comes to hitboxing.:lol:

i wouldn t expect the antennas to be included in a hitbox - that d be too much of a good thing. - no pilot in their right mind would actually expect the whole ship to take damage by hitting a tiny metal wire.

about the "wing" on the left side of the ship - its the counterweight for the sideways tower on the right side. and the libertylike tower - yes, i can remove it in favour for something more orderish .... what exactly IS orderish on top of an ordership anyway? - i mean.... the only generic order capital ship is a liberty ship anyway?
The 3 rings at the top.

And the rings before the engine.

The order has LOTS of rings on that osiris. Thats how I remember it anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5