Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin notice: Player sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WhiteKnight-Ironfoot has been sanctioned owing to a report posted on the 14th sept 09 for:

Quote:6.7 Attacking traders or demanding cargo is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
b) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
c) Order Guard vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
d) Blood Dragon Guard vessels within Chugoku;
e) Corsair Guard vessels within Omicron Gamma;
f) Outcast Guard vessels within Omicron Alpha;
g) Guard ID players in their -own- associated Guard system.
h) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.

Consequences: All guns and credits gone

Notes: Don't shoot up transports with cruisers. The end.

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST
Well since I've been there I can testify that he was defending a Zoner Guard tagged and ID-ed ZBT from a Junker tagged pirate transport. If it wasn't for him I would be blown to pieces (I refer to the O49 incident). So, what do the rules say then?
Exactly the same.

It makes no difference. You don't open up on a transport if you're in a cruiser. That's it. That's all.
' Wrote:Exactly the same.

It makes no difference. You don't open up on a transport if you're in a cruiser. That's it. That's all.

I appologize for any misunderstanding on my part, however can I ask the admin to kindly post clarification of the rules for all in the community as it seems that there is a conflict between the ID/Roleplay/Server rules

It seems that as a Zoner in a Corvo cruiser with a guard ID , a member of the Zoner response team and an active member of the Zoner Council I am not allowed to assist an unarmed Zoner in a Whale from being attacked by a Junker pirating in Omega49 and using a Prison liner.

Can I also state that he wasn't trading, he was pirating in a Zoner system and also that I did ask him to leave before I opened fire!

[Image: knight.jpg]
So, Zoner guard cannot attack those who are killing a Zoner in front of them?
ID does come first or am I wrong? How is he going to do what his ID specifies if he cannot attack those who are in his direct jurisdiction?
Quote:6.7 Attacking traders or demanding cargo is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
b) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
c) Order Guard vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
d) Blood Dragon Guard vessels within Chugoku;
e) Corsair Guard vessels within Omicron Gamma;
f) Outcast Guard vessels within Omicron Alpha;
g) Guard ID players in their -own- associated Guard system.
h) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.

I have just noticed that this rule does not apply in this situation he was not a "trader" he was a pirate and I definately did not demand cargo from him.

Can I have an official appology now please?
' Wrote:I have just noticed that this rule does not apply in this situation he was not a "trader" he was a pirate and I definately did not demand cargo from him.

That's an excellent spot, it seems that when we re-structured the rules two days ago the language we employed depended too heavily upon the conventional understanding maintained by discovery that capships may not engage transports except in very specific circumstances.

Quote:6.7 Attacking transports, liners or demanding cargo from the same is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

The language has been corrected.

Your official apology, guns and credits have been mailed to your home address, as specified in your personal profile and should arrive in 7-14 business days.

Thank you.
' Wrote:That's an excellent spot, it seems that when we re-structured the rules two days ago the language we employed depended too heavily upon the conventional understanding maintained by discovery that capships may not engage transports except in very specific circumstances.

The language has been corrected.

Your official apology, guns and credits have been mailed to your home address, as specified in your personal profile and should arrive in 7-14 business days.

Thank you.

Thankyou so very much , I only wanted it to be recognised that I am not a cheat or rulebreaker and I was only defending a fellow player in distress.

Thankyou again.
' Wrote:Thankyou so very much , I only wanted it to be recognised that I am not a cheat or rulebreaker and I was only defending a fellow player in distress.

Thankyou again.

I need you to be very clear on something.

A) You broke the rules.
B) You are not getting your credits nor your equipment back.
C) You are not to engage any transport or liner regardless of ID in your Cruiser or Battleship unless very specifically stated as being an exception in the rules.

This rule is not new. You were aware of it. You were not aware of the loophole that you cited.

' Wrote:I have just noticed that this rule does not apply in this situation he was not a "trader" he was a pirate and I definately did not demand cargo from him.

You -just- noticed. While scouring the rules looking for a means by which to pen your escape.

There is no apology forthcoming.

If there is a transport or a liner beating on your friends you have two options:

A) Open discussion on the desire by some to turn Omega 49 into a local in which Zoners may employ cruisers and battleships to destroy transports similar to other systems.
B) Dock and get Gunboat/Bomber/Fighter

Good day.
' Wrote:I need you to be very clear on something.

A) You broke the rules.
B) You are not getting your credits nor your equipment back.
C) You are not to engage any transport or liner regardless of ID in your Cruiser or Battleship unless very specifically stated as being an exception in the rules.

This rule is not new. You were aware of it. You were not aware of the loophole that you cited.

You -just- noticed. While scouring the rules looking for a means by which to pen your escape.

There is no apology forthcoming.

If there is a transport or a liner beating on your friends you have two options:

A) Open discussion on the desire by some to turn Omega 49 into a local in which Zoners may employ cruisers and battleships to destroy transports similar to other systems.
B) Dock and get Gunboat/Bomber/Fighter

Good day.

As I said to you I am not a cheat I did not intentionaly break the rules, I was simply assisting a UNARMED trader, a fellow Zoner that was under attack, there was no reason to remove all my guns and credits you could have simply warned me.

Pages: 1 2