Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vista Troubles....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I just got my new laptop, and it's great. Except when i try to activate discovery it says some thing about

"Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.83 beta 2' won't properly activate.
Error: Unable to find section '[Costume]'(...) in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\characters\costumes.ini'"

What does that mean, and is there some way i can activate discovery? Even manually, by like dragging the files. I need to get on the server!!!!
create a costumes.ini file in that directory.

this means that FLMM will overwrite it, even though if you revert, no one will have costumes:crazy:
Hahaha!!!! I was scouring the internet when i came across this site:

http://www.tabletquestions.com/windows-vis...grams-work.html

I'm too lazy to post a linky. What you do is right-click on FLMM, and click on the compatability tab. Check in the "run this program in compatability mode", and select windows sp2. Also, at the bottom, check in "run this program as administrator"

It fixed all my problems. Woot!!!!!

You have to do the same for Freelancer icon too.
[attachmentid=1815][attachmentid=1816][attachmentid=1817]Well, shoot. I opened FL, and the text was popping off the screen like this:

(linky used to be here)

I tried to get on the server anyway, and it froze as soon as i clicked on multiplayer. Is there a way to get Vista to act like XP, or do i have to wait for the Service Pack?
Told ya you would have problems.

This is going to be a stupid suggestion, but I shall say it anyway.

Vista is...... Vista, which is bad. If Microsoft can't even get there own games to run on it, what are the chances of anything else.

Suggestion: Install XP
Flyer I have a spare Xp disc at my house...I can give it to you to see if we can get XP running on it... That will fix it or you take the laptop back and ask the nice people to put XP on it...

because....

WINDOWS VISTA SUCKS SO BAD THAT EVEN GOD CRIES WHEN HE LOOKS AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aye, Wait at least a year until they have fixed almost all the bugs and made their games compatible. It seams really lame, but its windows. It amazing windows hasn't lost all business to Apple yet, but there must be a reason Microsoft holds 93% of the market still (I have yet too see it)

Verginix Out
' Wrote:Aye, Wait at least a year until they have fixed almost all the bugs and made their games compatible. It seams really lame, but its windows. It amazing windows hasn't lost all business to Apple yet, but there must be a reason Microsoft holds 93% of the market still (I have yet too see it)

Verginix Out

Hmm let me see It must have to do with the fact that:

1) Apple pretty much has its own hardware
2) Microsoft and Intel work together
3) You cannot use hardware that is not from Apple to use for Apple (I think)
4) Microsoft has contracts made with other companies like Dell, Compaq, Gateway, etc. So that the Windows OS comes installed on the computer and therefore takes out pretty much every competion.

As for Vista (must be a vista into windows Many Errors *cough* ME *cough*) yes it sucks and so far I have seen that the current best OS out there for windows is 98 and XP. Everything else can go in the garbage.
I'm going to post on the Microsoft forums and ask. I'm not giving up my 3D windows yet!!!

I just had an idea. What if I run it in safe mode with Networking? That should fix it. And I'm going to update all my drivers, do the standard stuff.
' Wrote:I'm going to post on the Microsoft forums and ask. I'm not giving up my 3D windows yet!!!

This is what your going to do...

Your going back up your Vista Serial number.

Your going to install XP.

And you know what, I will give you a transformation pack that will make XP look and sound like Vista.. If thats all you wanted, then you should of asked. All you have to do is install a mod in to windows to allow 3rd party themes. Then I have the sound files, cursors, icons, ect.
Pages: 1 2 3