Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Complaint from me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As i whas in California, There whas an rouge63 (rouge cruizer)
I gave an warning that he couldt surrender or be destroyed but he did not respond at that time yet
But he contineued killing Liberty Gunboats (Npc's)

As i opened fire and almost got his shield down and he fled straight to Alcatras and docked
Soon as he whas docked he changed Charr's to Rouge_63
And undocked and attacked then

The point is that is that allowed to change charr's wen we already engaged each other

I think its very childish to change charr's just so its has better weps and so he could win

So i want oppinions from other players and realy the oppinions from the admins

And if this is not allowed i have screenies to prove it
Since I a the one getting slammed in public let me state my side. Yes I was in a OC destroyer. When you attacked me I was engaged with NPC cap ships, had no batts and was wounded. You dropped my shields quick and I ran for base true. I had cargo I didnt want to lose, since I was in a losing situation. I docked and swapped to another OC destroyer, not a superior ship by any means. You had your chance to destroy me, I escaped, the ship I swapped to was at same base as well. We my bud and i fight almost always against losing odds (see the SA dump for proof) and in front of there bases, at the end we say GF and move on. If I swapped to some superior ship I'd cry foul as well, not in public though. There is no honor in being destroyed for no pupose, other than to let someone boost his ego. I broke no rules that I am aware of, if I did the admins can do what is necessary. I will not resort to childish name calling or insults, this should have been handled via PM to a admin if felt so strongly about. I dont think I should have to defend myself in this manner in a public forum. Thank for listening to my reply to all invovled.
Wing Commander, ignore if they run, what's the point? If they flee means you've won, no need
to post these kind of things.

Quote:Play fair, no offensive language, flaming, always respect other players and
ignore the enemy if they retreat, it's much more important to defend civilians.

This is from our faction status, I don't care much of this rule but still, don't post.
You can not take what happened in one character in to another. Thats just stupid.

EXAMPLE:

You get pirated in your trader, you can't just go in to your battleship and blow up the pirate. You need a good reason for doing it in your battleships because it is a total different charecter and total different RP from your Trader.
' Wrote:You can not take one happened in one charecter in to another. Thats just stupid.

EXAMPLE:

You get pirated in your trader, you can't just go in to your battleship and blow up the pirate. You need a good reason for doing it in your battleships because it is a total different charecter and total different RP from your Trader.
True DBoy, except in case, for example an AW or IND tagged trader (or put whatever faction tag you prefer here) gets pirated (and killed or first docks at a base and sends transmission that he needs help), then a retaliatory force can come to help (even log-off and switch to a char that has the tag of the same faction - in this case AW or IND or whatever but same faction). For example. At least that's how I see that.
Since there are no server rules concerning this situation, other than the requirement to dock before switching characters, it is up to the players involved to role play a given situation. The rules are unclear if docking constitutes a death in the 3 death rule, or a battle forfeit-perhaps something should be addressed?

There are many ways you can manage your characters and ships. Some people make a persona and have that persona move from ship to ship. Other people make a different persona for each ship. A persona is always limited to one faction of course, but you could have 3 or 4 ships that are all flown by the same persona if you want.

Someone who truely takes role play seriously would consider the logistics involved with moving from one ship to another using the same persona. In this particular case, Rogue63 did a good job of flying to where his other ship was docked before switching ships. This reflects a physical reality that your persona cannot simply teleport across the system to where his other ship is parked. Not only that, he docked at an appropriate station (I'm assuming he plays a Liberty Rogue.)

I have witnessed other players on this server not observe the above nuance during combat. I've seen players park identically named ships (personas,) at opposite sides of a system, use one to reconoiter potential targets coming in system, then dock and switch to the other one to set up a trap. Of course no rules were broken in this case either, but I fail to see how that person moves across the system so much faster than their target. This is FL, not Star Trek....my ironic 'right back at ya' comment for the evening.

Summation: Wingcommander needs to use cruise disruptors more and an adjustment to server rules to clarify docking penalties in battle might need to be made.
' Wrote:There are many ways you can manage your characters and ships. Some people make a persona and have that persona move from ship to ship. Other people make a different persona for each ship. A persona is always limited to one faction of course, but you could have 3 or 4 ships that are all flown by the same persona if you want.
Of course, I have such ships (the Outcast ones) but they also have their captains, Fokke may or may not be on them... again, that's another way of putting it.

' Wrote:Someone who truely takes role play seriously would consider the logistics involved with moving from one ship to another using the same persona. In this particular case, Rogue63 did a good job of flying to where his other ship was docked before switching ships. This reflects a physical reality that your persona cannot simply teleport across the system to where his other ship is parked. Not only that, he docked at an appropriate station (I'm assuming he plays a Liberty Rogue.)

True! I thought that was logical. I never thought of changing ships like that. First dock as if you docked to the ship you switch to. I mean, do we have to have rules for every logical thing? Seems to me that more and more we do.:(
That raises the philosophical question. Should we have to write down logic? Or do we assume we all are logical?

Well, for the most part... :$

Yes, docking at the area where you have another character docked makes sense. Going from ship to ship at the same base? Logical.

So, the question now is...

Do we need to state logic? Or say 'use common sense'? Can we trust people to have common sense? Do people have common sense? These quality questions come deep from...

HarleyCo Philosophy Corp.! Providing quality arguments in the meta-divination form for all of 10 minutes. HarleyCo: a name you can't really trust.
' Wrote:Wing Commander, ignore if they run, what's the point? If they flee means you've won, no need
to post these kind of things.
This is from our faction status, I don't care much of this rule but still, don't post.

Oke
As there are no rules regarding that, all can i say is that:

* If he F1 in mid battle, and then changes to another char, that would fall under the F1 rule.

* If he runs away (and by run away i mean, further than sensor range), then F1 and changes char, he technically retreated.

* If he runs to a base, then docks and changes char, thats ok because he docks, leaves his ship there and boards the other ship in the same station.
But the new char should be on the same faction. (for example, an AW can't dock and switch to a Phantom char to attack a SA).