Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tags and ID's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If tags are what RP killing is based on, then we should be able to switch them out like a piece of equipment. Plus there is no Merc faction so that ID is almost useless unless there is a tag to go with it. Just today I had 3 people all ganging up on me (seams like they can't play solo in PvP, they have to gang up on people just to give greef) saying how one of my characters was Liberty Navy when his ID is Merc. It is very hard to change tags without eather spending lots of time and/or money. So how about making it a lot simpler to RP what faction you want to be instead of what faction the game forces you to be.
DJRwolf Wrote:there is no Merc faction

-clears throat-

No mercenary Faction? Hm...

The Mercenarys, Hellfire Legion, Asgard Warriors, FGS... all those are nothing? Please do some research in the future... :dry:
He means NPC-tag associated with it.

The closest is bounty hunter, and that doesn't really work.

Can we just take the name-tags out...?
Harlequinn Wrote:He means NPC-tag associated with it.

Oh. I feel dumb. Ignore my last post.

The same as the last quote Wrote:Can we just take the name-tags out...?

No, then you could be SA (no flaming, just an example) and have Outcasts full green and no one would know any different. That would remove RP. Though I do know a certain SA with an Order/Corsair ship... *cough*Nussebull*cough*

What? No, I didn't say anything. Really. Yeah. Right.

Anyways, speaking of tags, can we make the Zoners accually neutral? (And is there any way to stop being hostile with the Zoners? No, I don't know how I managed it, don't ask.)
One way I can see around the tag for a freelance mercenary is to have something like [FLM] before your name to note that you are a FreeLance Mercenary and unless you are currently employed to attack another player faction, you are netural (you can however get missions from bars to attack NPC, but thats it), no matter what the tag or NPC faction standing it. Now that would be role-player. The guys that attacked me today were of green NPC faction standing to me so I was about to ask if they wanted to hire me. But instead they try to ruthlessly chase me down and kill me. I tryed to reason with them but they were totally block headed and would not listen to reason. If someone could be too into character, it would be them. They were so fixated on killing me that everything I said was ignored. And I'm not exadurating.

Sundered.Heart
Dieter.Zehn
Totenkopt
Do you mind including our faction when you complain about us?

And I'll tell ya what, swearing at people is really not kosher. If you carry a navy tag the SCRA is gonna shoot at you, its a fact of life. Even with a merc ID, we'd still be shooting at you. In case you never read the forums, we hate pretty much everyone. I don't care if your too lazy to fix your tag, if you run with it, we're gonna shoot you. Carrying a merc ID doesn't make you a non-combatant.

Oh, and read that ID, will you? You can't work with us in any case.
DJRwolf you are an idiot...the SCRA use xenos because they need and NPC faction tag and they need and ID at the least and xenos are the only ones that fit the bill...

And it for some it doesn't matter the color of your tag to someone else they can shoot if their FACTION is hostile to you...for god's and everyone elses sake DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!!!!!
' Wrote:Do you mind including our faction when you complain about us?

And I'll tell ya what, swearing at people is really not kosher. If you carry a navy tag the SCRA is gonna shoot at you, its a fact of life. Even with a merc ID, we'd still be shooting at you. In case you never read the forums, we hate pretty much everyone. I don't care if your too lazy to fix your tag, if you run with it, we're gonna shoot you. Carrying a merc ID doesn't make you a non-combatant.

That would look like a mercenary working for the Liberty Navy to me.. Surely a target for the SCRA. Fix your tag, then complain.

And remember (for the 215493051th time) just because their green on your hud, doesn't mean your green on theirs. And thats because of YOUR rep list, not theirs. They should up green to you, and I ask why do you have a Navy tag with Xenos green? You likely showed up RED on theirs as you were carrying a Navy tag. Plus SCRA just hates the humans of Sirius basically.

' Wrote:In case you never read the forums, we hate pretty much everyone.

Except us.:PBecause we're Zoenrs and our leader isn't human.

' Wrote:Anyways, speaking of tags, can we make the Zoners accually neutral? (And is there any way to stop being hostile with the Zoners? No, I don't know how I managed it, don't ask.)

*SPOILER*

Get a Zoner bribe at a junker base, or one of the pirate bases offering it.

For tag, you need a double bribe.
Dab Wrote:*SPOILER*

Get a Zoner bribe at a junker base, or one of the pirate bases offering it.

For tag, you need a double bribe.

Thank you... didn't know they sold those there.
Well they never said they were xenos and I don't have most of the clans factions memorized. Plus how come mercs can't do unlawful things? They should be able to do whatever their paid to do (see movie "The Substitute"). And it is easy go get Xenos to green. All you need to do is kill a lot of other NPC's and not them. Because your killing one of their enemy's, they start to like you more and more.

PS Xenos are also neutral with the IMG.
Pages: 1 2 3