Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion for server rule addition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There seems to be some confusion over server rules regarding system camping.
My suggestion would be to add a server rule to the RP rules section, in order to clearly define what is and isn't allowed.

An idea for rule addition would be:
Players unfriendly to a faction may not log out while in the faction controlled system unless docked at the time.

As an example: The Junkers base in New Berlin would be available to players hostile to RM but not any of the lawful bases. Logging out while in open space could be considered a rule violation.
An interesting point, however what if you had important RL issues and you had to leave right away? Many other things could contribute to this. What I think the real iussues is, is ooc talk in 'System Chat'

Its annoying, its pointless, it gets in the way of people trying to RP, and not to mention most of the issues can be resolved in Private chat. A person can ahve the best story for their character, they can follow the rules to a dime, and have all the right faction equipment, ID, and Taggs. This doesn't mean crap if you can't talk in roleplay

Some tips to Roleplaying:
1/No using emoticons like:):(:D;) in game, They make you look like a ten year old who has no role-playing skill.
2/In System chat, no going 'lol' 'rofl' 'lmao' 'brb' 'ttyl' or any of these Leet Speek words. You can RP why your character is leaving, its not hard.
3/Don't randomly shoot at people when you are sitting around and waiting for whatever to happen.
4/Don't use abbreviations like 'm8'

These are some simple tips all should follow.

Verginix Out
In the case of RL issues and having to leave right away, an effort should be made to leave the system before logging out. If that isn't possible, an OOC message in system chat should be necessary.
Edit: In addition, in order to prevent abuse during RP combat, logging out in such a way should be considered a "death" under the 3 death rule.

Regarding system chat:
Quote:3.3 All messages in chat must be in understandable English, unless the chat is private and both members know the language being used.

3.4 Out-of-character (OOC) chat should not be used for system chat. Using out-of character in roleplaying chat should be marked with "OOC".
Quint, we know you hate OOC chat in system. But we already have rules regarding it that I think work well.

We know you want to ban every single person who OOC chats in system, but bringing that up 43758920 times in every thread you inhabit after the admins made a ruling, is getting annoying, if not obsessive on your part.

This thread is for system camping and you may make a comment about OOC chat, but please don't try to take the entire thing away just so its another "Quint wants his way!" thread.

Not everything is subservient to your want of OOC-free chat. There ARE other issues if you can believe it..

Now, true there are real life issues that might cause this and in this case I think thats fine. But the situation that this discussion was spawned after had 5 SA logging off in Minor, and not all 5 could have real life problems at the same point, and that reflects the other side of this argument, the one about it being abused.

I think F1ing out in enemy system is okay when: there is a friendly base in the system and your at least 25k away from any enemy base. In systems that have no enemy bases, you should be able to log out, but ONLY for a real life emergency. It takes 5 minutes top to travel to any other system from one with the exception of Omega-15, Alaska, Omega-47, and Omega-49.

Also, that real life emergency must be real, if its found you lied, its dealt with as a rule violation, and also you should be 40k from any enemy base.
Well, it's really hard (if not completely impossible) to prove if someone is lying about having a real life emergency. But closer to the point, we can't prevent this from happening, really. You may not have to log out for a real-life emergency, but may just have to log out if you're on a deadline for something.

People should make any and all attempts to leave the system prior to logging out, but enforcement of this protocol would be inviable. Truly, it comes down to people having to say "OOC" in-system so that everyone knows, and a later time can be scheduled for a battle. System camping is relatively easy to see with big groups, and can even be identifiable in single people if there is a habitual problem.

I think that the best option would just to let it be, and if the admins are notified or notice something out of place, to let them deal with it.

Hype

' Wrote:I think F1ing out in enemy system is okay when: there is a friendly base in the system and your at least 25k away from any enemy base.
This really removes the argument for a friendly base requirement at all.

If you're only allowing docking at a friendly base, there's no need for a 25k rule.
If there's a "no logging out within 25k of any hostile base" rule, there's no need for any other restriction on logging out, so the system camping rule becomes redundant.

The simpler rules are, the less chance there is of misinterpretation.

' Wrote:I think that the best option would just to let it be, and if the admins are notified or notice something out of place, to let them deal with it.
The problem as I see it currently is that there is no rule regarding this at all.
This creates confusion, especially among newer players.
It brings up the issue of "Gentleman's rules" and the entire problem of enforcing rules that many players may be blissfully unaware of until they find themselves fined or banned.
The 25k rule would be for places only with friendly stations. They wouldn't be allowed to F1 ANYWHERE there isn't a friendly base in.

So say your Corsair, you cannot F1 in Texas, as there are NO corsair-friendly or Corsair-neutral stations in the system. If they were in say, Megellan, they could F1 in system, because of the Freeport there, but they cannot do it within 25k of Mactan.
Hmmmmm a very Interesting point. But That would be harder for certain groups, such as Kusari Pirates in Liberty or something like that. But it is good.

Lol And no, I don't want to ban everybody who ooc's in system, just tell them right from wrong. It is a RP server after all.

Verginix out
I said friendly or neutral. Kusari pirates can dock at Lib Rogue, Outcast (especially, their allies), Lane Hacker, Junker, and Zoner bases. There is a whole wopping two systems without one of those three's bases.

I chose this rule because there will always be somewhere nearby you can go. If not in your system, the one connected to it will have one. Only exception is being in Bretonia as Kusari or Kusari as Bretonia, and thats okay because they are militaries that shouldn't be docking at 'friendly and neutral' bases, but military bases. And there are plenty of dockable Bretonia Battleships.
xenos can use F1 and log off only in maybe 15 or 20 systems (xenos, zoner and IMG bases)...i very rarely leave my xeno chars in space and they are usually docked at Ouray...but i can see how this could be hard on some people...how would u control every player if that rule gets to be official?
Pages: 1 2