Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Three death rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well, I have got some complaints about this rule.
Some people thinks that it makes battles too long. That a 1 death rule should be used in it's place.
Others agree with the three death rules. They say that it gives a better chance in combat.

This is the place for Users, Moderators and Admins to discuss about it.

I would like to know what do you think about it. Should it be removed and replaced with the one death rule?

*Goes to sleep*
I'm sorry to quote this cliche, but...

You only live once.

We should remove it for RP purposes, not battle length.

Just my thoughts.
Well, this is a two sided argument. For one thing, if you flying into a battle and you misunderstood fleet sizes etc and you die. Your out and thast rpetty lame. However it does fit with teh Role-play better adn IT does seam pretty good.

It also gives players with figthers a bit of a disadvantage, since they can die easier then say someone in a bigger ship.

I wont vote yet.

Verginix Out
I like the 3 death rule because it gives those little fighters a chance even though thats what I am usually fighting.
Fighters die very easy in big fights...so, maybe 3 death rule apply only on fighters and/or traders. Every ship from gunboat class to battleship one death rule. Currently we need more fighters in fights and one death rule could bring them to even smaller number. And fighters are much easier to replace then cap ships (providing that we use escape pods)
' Wrote:Fighters die very easy in big fights...so, maybe 3 death rule apply only on fighters and/or traders. Every ship from gunboat class to battleship one death rule. Currently we need more fighters in fights and one death rule could bring them to even smaller number. And fighters are much easier to replace then cap ships (providing that we use escape pods)

The way to bring fighters back is to fix the balance that the changes to missle turrets and nova's broke. If bombers are once agaiin a threat to cap ships then fighters will be needed to stop the bombers.

As far as the one death rule, I like the 10 minute rule better for everyone. One death in a long battle, you might as well log out, with the 10 minute rule if you die early you might have a chance to get back in.

In battles with capships (gunboat or higher): one death rule to capships, three death rule to fighters and traders.
In battles without capships: one death rule to fighters and traders.
I agree that fighters vs caps is a bit hard, and it might be hard to make rules that allow more fighter vs fighter RP, but if it could be done, then they could still fight with the 1 death rule. Maybe caps cannot attack any fighter unless in direct contrast with the RP of the clan/system? (eg killing allied npcs), or if attacked by the fighter ? just a thought, maybe there are better ones, we do need more fighter RP, or the server will be full of caps, buts lots more rules ? always a tough call. If fighter vs fighter can happen, i still like 1 death (assuming after the battle, if both sides wish to go again, they can?)
' Wrote:In battles with capships (gunboat or higher): one death rule to capships, three death rule to fighters and traders.
In battles without capships: one death rule to fighters and traders.
What about if the fight starts with only fighters, then capital ships jump in?

And maybe make it 2 deaths to fighters rather than 3..? It'd be quite hard for the capital ships (except the missile-spamming-shield-running-nanobot/shieldbat-using ones)..
I'll quote a French one: 'On ne vie que deux fois'. (You live only twice)

But that is just a sarcastic joke. Anyway, 1 death is enough, specially if you use SB/NB. Gives a huge disadvantage to fighters. I fly fighters. More skill and honor.

Before, we had this, the capships weren't using NB/SB when engaging fighters (they weren't using them at all) the fighters got to use SB/NB when engaging capships. Fighters weren't using NB/SB when engaging other fighters. Again, more skill and honor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6