Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About players that cannot speak English.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is a small doubt that popped up just an hour ago, when I was roleplaying as my Gaian...

I was flying on Leeds when a Gallic ship and a Percheron passed by, both tagged as Synth Foods (?), and, despite the total nosense RP-wide, my character along with a friend started to question where they where going, with what purpose, etctera.

The only response, /localwise, was:

DON'T KNOW ENGLES

Question is... How should that be faced? As silence? Could I have simple opened fire ignoring those OORP messages? Other than that, what's the leading point with people that simply have no way to talk on the chosen Language of the server?

Fire away?

Thanks in advance.
In my opninion thats a real problem.

You catch up a smuggler, ask him to stop or to drop cargo and the
only response is "No english". What to do now?

I say go on RPing, warn them, give an engagement notive and kill'em.

Or in your situation: make your RP towards taxing them, if they dont pay: *PEW*

Yea, thats not nice or polite but what can we do? The servers language is english and if you dont speak english you have to learn it or look for a server with a language you understand.

To the other thing, I saw a guy with a Deep Space Engineering ID in a l'Ane (Gallic Brigands Transport) .. strange, isnt it?!
no engles?

it should be no Ingles/Anglais

reckon they were pulling your leg.

'donnez moi l'argent maintenant'
'quiero su dinero, ahora'

these phrases should help you out
Well, I've recently discovered that those two targets and [BRA] tagged players are initially brazilian ones, and that some of them may not be able to speak English properly.

Other than that, although I can speak portuguese, it doesn't cover the point that if I do it I may get sanctioned for it, other than it won't help in any way to solve the "NO ENGLES" problem. Regarding that, I'll keep my RP and ignore any OORP messages from now on.
IMHO, assume everyone speaks English & carry on with RP. Coin may be right that they could have been pulling your leg... or he may not. Where I live, there are alot of people who can speak English, yet pretend they don't for their own reasons.

It could be that they simply didn't want to be bothered with you & wanted to go on doing whatever they were doing.

Since it is an English only server, there is no reason you should let the RP opportunity slide....send a polite green message to them that they are required to speak English only while here, that there are no exceptions, & then just carry on like normal in character with them as best you can
Meh.. I saw that conversation... not much to do there, can't rp your way out of it properly becuase he responds... IN SYSYTEM CHAT... hahahahaha

I actually lol'd at that whole conversation. I think he was responding to your
PM's?
Yes, this is a problem and some do it just to get out of RP. My feeling is this. If someone truly has difficult speaking English then they should find someone that speaks their own language if possible and work with that person. Besides removal from the server, it's the only thing I can think of.
' Wrote:Yes, this is a problem and some do it just to get out of RP. My feeling is this. If someone truly has difficult speaking English then they should find someone that speaks their own language if possible and work with that person. Besides removal from the server, it's the only thing I can think of.

/signed

Not knowing English can't be an excuse while playing on this server. Good communication or even BASIC is just priority.

And learning it in group is 100% possible, I personally know such people.
but fi you just kill them avery time you find them, without them even knowing what is going on, their game will be ruined every time they log to the server. Eventually they will get enough of that and leave, which its not fair actually.
' Wrote:but fi you just kill them avery time you find them, without them even knowing what is going on, their game will be ruined every time they log to the server. Eventually they will get enough of that and leave, which its not fair actually.

Of course Im not saying, that we should shoot such person instantly. But if he doesn't understand, what You are writing, further discussion is pointless. I think it is better to kill them, maybe after 5th kill they will realize that they are doing something wrong, and they will look for some player who knows english and his native.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5