Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rep by trading, AI Mining Drone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there!

I have been playing the mod for some time now and I had several ideas on better mining, better rep by trading. So, as most of us know many bases (In RP terms) need different goods, like: Corsairs need Food, Outcasts need Slaves on Malta. My idea was, why not make it like when you bring the Corsairs food the rep raises by 1/4, same for Outcasts and for other factions. But to prevent rep from being all green to everyone, do it like when you do missions (Get green with the faction you are doing missions for and allies, and get red with factions you fight and allies). Maybe this is a good idea, maybe not.

I was also wondering about an AI Mining Drone (RP name: Turrets: 20, Guns: 0, Armor: 200.000). It gives you 300% on mining, turrets give 50% each and ID/IFF gives 200% each, so it's like a super mining machine. But to prevent it from spamming, you need a RP story and special role play request.

I hope these are good ideas, I want your opinions.

-Regards, Frazzer
And the Mining drone is easily destroyed too. Good idea though!

I like the Rep by Trading idea, however, there is the small issue of the Rep Ninja program (it sets your rep based on your ID). I'm not sure how both will work together at the same time.
Very nice ideas Frazzer, although writing a story for a drone is very hard as they mostly start in the one place. A factory. So the admins would be getting alot of stories that are very similar.
I dont really like the Rep by trading. It would screw up the Zoners Reputation System. What if I trade a bit with Rheinland and I am suddenly hostile to Liberty?
That is not a problem, Gloucester. That is -perfect-.

Bwah hah hah hah.

With regards to RP for a mining drone, you forget that the drone would have an owner, maintenance crew, a harbour, haulers as well as the other folk that would have reason to be near or around it.

Machine RP, I've found in the past, is a wonderful basis for stories based on the observed, stories that deal with the other by reference to those that belong. Whether there is comment on the situations discovered in the machine's logs or not, the recordings prove to become commentaries in the eyes of the viewer/reader.
I like the idea of trading influenced trading very much. Great idea indeed.

Would stop the powertraders in a very effective and inRP way and strengthen the house corporations significantly.
But is it actually possible to implement rep by trading?

And I do love the miner. We have a superbargething, so why not a superminerthing?
Na, the Rep thingy would ruin my OORP Powatraderness
' Wrote:Na, the Rep thingy would ruin my OORP Powatraderness

so true.. i trading sometimes to Hessain, then to Corsaris then after that to Outcast then Rogues.. my life.. i hate to do the same rout all the time.. i like to change alot... i wouldnt be able to do that if we get rep for trading
Just do not attach the rep-trade thingy to the Smuggler ID. Would suit the purpose of this ID.
Pages: 1 2