Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Which house should I invade next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I'm pretty bored of Kusari and Bretonia, which are the two areas I play in most. I've experimented into the other houses, but meh. Just.. Meh.

But I'm getting pretty bored of playing here. Bretonia is awesome, but its often I can't find much to do. As is Kusari, but there are not many players who activley play here. My favourite house being Kusari, I find this a really big shame, but I do think I need to invade another house (yes, I actually do spend alot of time in Kusari and Bretonia when not on beyond.the.jumphole, I have more independant characters than many would think...)

So which should I invade next? Rheinland or Gallia?

Gallia (my opinion)

Pros

Room for improvement, could teach a bit of RP.
Could enhance my RP quite a bit.
Would give gallia one more player
Their ships are awesome
I love the whole civil war idea.
Their house is by far the most well-made in Discovery (my opinion)
Their background music is awesome.

Cons

I would have to learn some french. I love french, but I find it super-complicated.
It has a bad reputation for capwhores.
It has lots of "lolwuts", or thats what I gather from other people.
It doesn't have many people to actually interact with.
I would be playing the lawful side of things, but people say there is too much of a lawful presence there.

Rheinland

Pros:

I get to practice my german (which I learn in school anyway)
They have quite good ships, but fugly capships (I aint getting one of them anyway)
I know some people who play the rheinland side of things.
They have quite some activity - but not as much as Liberty (well no duh...)
I also enjoy rheinlandish music.
I like their Fafnir and Mjolnir, with an extra +1 on that. (XDXDXD)
I would love to play both sides of the coin.

Cons:

I gather that the people who play alot in Rheinland generally dislike me (for reasons I don't know.)
I'm unsure of the relations with each other in Rheinland as yet - But I'll do some research
Gallia seems to attract me more. Convince me people.
I hate it how they have too much freaking green.
Most of their ships are bricks. I love small detail, not damn bricks!
I've never played there, In rheinland, I'll be almost a lolwut.

So help me decide, please. Also, reccomend me an NPC organisation to join. For Gallia I'm thinking IDF shipping/GRN/GRP/Council (maybe). For Rheinland, I'll pretty much join anyone. But I'm very interested in the MND.

Go for Gallia (the music in a place is half the win)
Rheinland needs more players.

Focus on Gallia when 4.86 comes out.
Hell invade Rheinland! We'll give you a welcome you'll like for sure! And we do need more players!

Verg
Of course it is your decision, but Gallia at the moment is very much deadlike. I believe there will be more action with the core systems in .86, might be good to have a char already ready then.
However, Rheinland offers more action in these days (says someone with 4 Rheinland-ish chars).

Of course it is fun if you fly as a Brigand around in the Taus mumbling about how Sirrians behave while drinking wine and eating snails and all that stuff. Especially while commenting on CR/OC fights:P.
Make chars in Gallia and Rhienland ... ? I done it , i just need chars in Bretonia and Kusari:D
Ehh, looks like we should switch roles

Right now, I'm thinking of choosing gallia, but having one rheinland ship in the MND (need to contact ventana...)
I've made 2 characters in Gallia now and until now i like it pretty much,
and in my opinion, there are not enough lawfuls up there, when I'm in my council ship i rather find someone too fight with.

Furthermore we could need some lawfuls to beat up all the Mercs and Freelancers that do their oorp gaming up there.

As you said, the ships are nice, i don't know what you gonna buy but i like almost all of them.

There aint that many people but serious.. take a look at Rheinland, there are some players in Hamburg and Berlin and perhaps in Frankfurt.
But thats not all of Rheinland, Dresden, Munich, Stuttgart plus the worlds on its borders, sigma 13, the omegas.

Take a look at the activity down there and then take a look at Gallia plus its Border Worlds, all the Taus, Omicron etc. - you'll find some players up there too and, as you said, if no one creates characters up there it stays empty as it is.

There's not enough lawfulls because there's not enough good unlawfulls. We don't want to have to fight battleships and cruisers everytime we launch our figthers.

But, go Gallia. Rheinland was fun, back in .83/82. Now it's just like Liberty, only with german accents.
Errmm... You don't need to learn French to play in Gallia...
Pages: 1 2 3