Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 2 blockades is one too many
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just chilling by the computer, drinking beers and browsing FLstat and companion, trying to come up with RP routes for various factions and i've decided 2 blockades is one too many for a decent trading system.

so assuming you play a lawful house trader, and obey blockade laws, you're able to trade with 2 houses other then your own, the houses you are not at war with.

problem is, you take your commodity to one of these friendly houses, and because they're fighting your other ally, you cant go between the houses. so you go back to the house you started in and trade with your other ally.

anyway, i guess what i'm trying to say is obeying blockade laws (and staying in inner sirius) you have to travel (example) Kusari > Rhineland > Kusari > Liberty > Kusari.

probably another reason why there's so much trade in the border worlds, least you get to do round trips rather then passing the same blue gas cloud up to 4 times before finishing back where you started.
simple solution.. house transports should be 10k cargo. see easy.
Yeah, it is meant to hit the economy by throttling the amount over a time I guess.

Doesn't stop people from trying to break the line even as a legal ship. The meta traders...

Smugglers can still make a killing. Try that?
' Wrote:Yeah, it is meant to hit the economy by throttling the amount over a time I guess.

Doesn't stop people from trying to break the line even as a legal ship. The meta traders...

Smugglers can still make a killing. Try that?

nah dont particularly want to RP a smuggler, just a lawful trader. and it's not about money at all(at least for me), i just think seeing the same system alot of times in your route is a bit tiresome.

but i completely understand the RP significance and potential of wars, and that we cant both wars and completely open trading.

just hoping .86 might only have one war in house space, with any other disputes being focused out in the middle of nowhere(yeah i mean galia:P)
' Wrote:Smugglers can still make a killing. Try that?
I'd rather look at it in a double sided way.

Smugglers can indeed make a living most of the times but pirates can't make a proper living without corporate traders.
Yeah, it seems everyone is quite calm considering the whole of sirius is in turmoil. All the humans are at war, the hispanians hate everyone and so do the gallians. It's a nomads dream.

Perhaps an end to the bretonian war in the next mod please?

However for the time being, i believe if the proper formailities and efforts are made. Special grants from the government(s) can be given to trade.
I think this is one of the reasons no one really joins the corporations. There are blockades everywhere , half of the time when you are trading you are breaking a law.

Besides, Smuggling is just trading plus the thrill of possibly getting caught by the police. Which is awesome.

And yeah , end the war. Make the Bretonians win by creating genetically improved super soldiers that shoot lightning out of their fingers and flames out of their arse.
' Wrote:And yeah , end the war. Make the Bretonians win by creating genetically improved super soldiers that shoot lightning out of their fingers and flames our of their arse.

about time someone realized my idea was a good one.
' Wrote:And yeah , end the war. Make the Bretonians win by creating genetically improved super soldiers that shoot lightning out of their fingers and flames our of their arse.

Or you could give the Gallians some diplomats, and let them choose which side of the Bretonian/Kusari war to come in on. They're ideally placed, and their navy could easily tip the balance and end the war one way or the other...

Well, the Council, as far as base rumors tell, are closely working with the IMG now, exchanging tech and information, so I doubth they will openly operate with any house at all for now.

As for the blocade, I have nothing to say apart from the fact that I rob an enemy trading convoy and when I drag the loot over to Liberty I get blown up for carrying contraband.
Pages: 1 2