Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 95 million lost due to bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I copied this from a PM I sent to an admin before I found this forum. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Quote:Good evening,

I'm not quite sure who to address this to, so if this is the wrong channel just point me in the right direction please.

Coming back from New Hampshire with a load of Prisoners for LPI Hunstville in Houston, I was passing through Minnesota.

I had been planning on moving up to a Large Train from my Train when I got up to 95million credits or so. I noticed I had enough so I went ahead and trucked on over to Duluth Station and bought a large train. Man this was gonna be sweet! I went ahead and made the purchase, then went to the Equipment dealer to sell my CD and the extra turrets that came with the purchase price.

This is where it gets annoying. As soon as I clicked on the equipment dealer icon I was disconnected from the server! I had to wait a minute or so before getting back on and when I did I noticed I still have my old Train and only 4million in my pocket!

Is there anything I can do to get that money back? Other than of course 10 more round trips from Fort Severn Ontario to Battleship Concord in New Hampshire.

I've never had this issue before so I didn't think to take any screenshots etc. I've left that character in the Duluth station and haven't un-docked since then.

The characters name is Balinor.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide in this matter!
I don't see my name in the sanction forum.

The money disappeared with the purchase of the Large Train, but I never got the Large Train! The purchase worked okay, but when I went into the Equipment Dealer I was DC'd. Upon re-connecting I was back with my old ship, less 95million...
Disconnecting in the middle of a purchase?

It's possible and lame.

I once had 8 codies on my Bomber, I unmounted, and remounted them all, twice.

It looked like 4, but gave me 8 to shoot with.

That was a disconnect problem too.

Good luck bro.
It actually didn't DC in the middle of the purchase. I made the purchase okay and the screen went back to the station area selection screen. When I tried to go into the equipment dealer to sell my extra transport turrets is when it DC'd.

Thanks for the good luck! Not sure what can be done, but I really don't want to have to grind back 95mil with a train again.

(Ps. Fantastic Sig!)
Hi Admins, any updates on this one? Should I expect any other reply than "check the sanctions"? Just wondering if there's a way to get back what I lost.
This is an old, terrible bug. I'll dig up a few threads about it.
EDIT:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45637
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=40312&
Thanks for posting the links to those.

Unfortunately neither of them were replied to by admins. of course that doesn't mean the individuals in each case weren't PM'd by an admin.

Same questions apply as in those other threads.

1.) Can I be re-imbursed?

2.) Is this going to force me to take screenshots each time I make a major purchase? Or is there some other setup or loadout issue I can avoid that is causing this bug?
1.) Sorry, but I don't know. I would however be willing to loan you the 95 million credits, without interest on the condition that you repay it within a week.
2.) I think that the admins may help you since they have logs of this stuff I belive...
Sorry JP I wasn't addressing those questions to you specifically, more to the admins.

Thanks for the offer of the interest free loan though!

I know 95m may not seem like such a big deal to most of the vets here, but it is to someone relatively new with only a few ships.
Pages: 1 2 3