Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About the Departing and Leaving.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The gone list of departing and arriving players is quite pretty. Looks much better. But it also has bad sides, for example: You don't see when one of your friends or factionmates is connecting.

So:
Would it be possible to have a Friendslist on the Server? For example:

/addfriend
and
/removefriend

Those people would be shown as departing and leaving.
heh that would be awesome..
might be possible but ALOT of data would be saved(maybe)
I dont know. Maybe restrict it to about 15 or 20 People you can add. I dont know how big such a File would be.
I've often thought about something like this.. I think its a great idea.
Yes this was something I was thinking of earlier as well. A friendlist would be a nice addition to this game. It would also make it easier to send them a message if they had their own little list or something... but that would probably take feats of programming only doable by the gods.
Interesting...

Just brainstorming here but about the data size issue... It could be made into a plugin that stored your friendlist on your own PC, so when someone logs into the server the game compares the name of the player with the ones there. If the plugin finds the name then the game will show the message, if it doesn't, it hides, thus saving the data to be processed on your machine and leaving the server untouched.

Not sure it can be done though, my experience with Freelancer platform is below 0.
Though I'm wondering what this is doing in T&S.
I would like it if people with the same tag as you were shown as joining and leaving, ie. official factions, it would make it a lot easier to know when backup is comming than having to check the chat list
' Wrote:I would like it if people with the same tag as you were shown as joining and leaving, ie. official factions, it would make it a lot easier to know when backup is comming than having to check the chat list
Yeah, like an inter-faction transponder.
Being able to see faction members log on would be great.
Pages: 1 2