Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Watch List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I don't watch a huge amount of tv on the whole, however there's something coming out fairly soon which I'm pretty excited by the upcoming HBO series A Game of Thrones, based on George R. R. Martin's series of books 'A Song of Fire and Ice'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/

Check it out. Damned fine casting, and an awesome series of books for it to be based on.
This. My favourite Movie. Have it on my iPod. Have it on my PS3. Watched it about 15 Times now and it still gives me Goosebums. Got the BlueRay Version today, only had a "borrowed" Version before >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTWROqtdCEg
That's cool & all Schlubi, but remember this is a TV thread, not a movie one

Although it would be nice to see someone make a specific one that can focus on movies:cool:

& Joe: yeah, I'm excited about 'game of thrones' too:)
It is? Oh, my Fault.....but Speed Racer is also an old TV Show xD

Also I'd like to Mention that Supernatural Season 6 is soon coming out. =D
Yeah, Supernatural is one of those shows that I didn't have a desire to watch until it had a few seasons under its belt. I've yet to start watching it, but it's been on my radar now for a while...& indecently, the new season has already started here in America, so yeah, I imagine your neck of the woods will start it up real soon.:)
I believe that the sixth Season will be shown when they've shown all the other five. Last Week it was the Fever Episode when Dean is somewhat scared xD
I looked it up & learned that the ep you mentioned is season 4. Heh! I just assumed that you guys were closer to our heels on airing the seasons.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure if you ever watched the X-Files or not (I'm not a fan of it personally) but I just wanted to mention that there was a X-Files spinoff called Millennium that lasted about 3-4 seasons & is in the same vein as supernatural in a number of ways. It creeped me out many times & I loved it for that

Who knows? If you check it out sometime, you may end up liking it too:cool:
Well, Caprica's been canceled:(

I loved the show despite its pacing flaws, but what bugs me is not that it was canceled, but that it appears to have been specifically sabotaged by the network in order to make room for "BSG: Blood & Chrome."

syfy stated this in a press release:

Please note the following change to Syfy's broadcast schedule:

The remaining first run episodes of Caprica '€“ airing Tuesdays at 10/9c '€“ will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2. These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.

"We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for 'Caprica' and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series," said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions. "Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, 'Caprica' has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season."

Now, the last part is where I smell the BS.

They claim its axing is due to poor ratings. Yes, the Nielsen ratings were dismal, but the network flat-out refuses to release the DVR ratings, which I'm positive they are afraid to do because that boost would probably put its ratings on par with the herd of other cable series around that don't get the axe.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (yeah, I HATE the title, it's a direct rip off of Spartacus: Blood & Sand)

Anyway, B&C was originally envisioned as webiseries when the network announced it back & July & stated a month or two later that they instead plan on bringing it to the TV, but that they have no intention of airing the 2 shows concurrently...& this was said during Caprica's mid-season hiatus.

So, they brought the show back earlier than planned, gave it next to no promotion, & only aired a few episodes before yanking it again in order for a season finale to be reworked into the series finale instead.

unable to build an audience my ass grrr.

All they had to do was fix the slowness of it for season 2 & if they just did that, it would probably have ended up as a truly great show.:(

i havent read all the posts here, but i have a recommendation. "numb3rs". -awesome- tv show about how a genius mathematician helps his brother in the FBI solve crimes using maths calculations.

The US version of Being Human is going to start airing in January, & odds are it's going to suck.

I can only think of 3 UK shows that the US amerified that technically didn't. 'Sanford & Son', 'Three's Company' & 'The Office'

I understand the thinking of why American network execs want to fix something that ain't broke, but I don't truly understand why they keep at this sort of thing when they know it will most likely fail.

The logic is that Americans in general lack the ability to understand the accents, humor & pacing of UK programming...& as much as I'd like to scoff at that, it's more true than I like to admit.

I've clued a number of my friends in on some shows from over there that I really like, such as 'Life On Mars' 'Hustle' 'Survivors' 'Primeval' 'Torchwood' ect, & the biggest complaint I hear is that they just don't understand whats being said.

That just drives me nuts man...it's still effin' english!

Anyhoo, I hold out for the day when the networks finally get their heads out of their asses & just start importing the shows & airing 'em 'as is' over here & allow people the opportunity to start getting used to outside media...I remember when NBC tried it w/ 'Merlin' & at least that was a start.

::Edit- & yes, I know that BBCA airs those shows over here 'as is' already, but BBCA doesn't count as their primary veiwership is a closed audience of anglophiles that go to that channel specifically for their britfix...what I'm talkin' about is the day when stateside & imported programming are regularly intermixed on all the rest of the channels::
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13