Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sorry to keep needing help...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I ended up with this Update, and now I can neither uninstall nor reinstall the Discovery mod. Very annoying.

"Error: file 'c:\program files\microsoft games\freelancer\exe\freelancer.ini' doesn't exist"

How do I fix it?

Oh, also, I didn't install to that location, I installed Freelancer in My Documents.
Weird, the game ain't finding it's .ini, which, if you don't know, it's the file that keeps all your configurations.

I'd reinstall Freelancer to it's default folder, installing Discovery afterwards.
Shouldn't bug you anymore.
-.- Problem solved... FLMM was just being stupid, and looking in the wrong directory.

Nevermind, everybody.

*facepalm* Not having a good week.
If you use XP, i suggest delete all files relating freelancer and disco. Than do a fresh installation. I did this also.

But before:

Back up your Multiplayer Account ID!

Edit: Too late, it seems... so, +1
Hmm, why install to My Documents?
because their are penguins. so it works.
What. The. Hell. Bucktooth, you already have 2000 spammed posts, please stop it.
Lolwut?

I installed my FL to

C:\Lol Files\Rofltown\Peeveepee\OORP\
' Wrote:Hmm, why install to My Documents?
Because editing files in My Documents doesn't require the same permissions in Vista. For the record, Vista has more fail than New York and Omicron Alpha combined.