Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Small Transports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever considered giving smaller transport (say, 3200 cargo or less) a small thrust speed boost, to make them a sort of true middle-ground between freighters (200 thrust) and all the other, larger transports (140 thrust)? Most people still choose to use larger transports as soon as they can, so I don't image it would hurt the balance much. At very least it might let the smaller transports match a gunboat's thrust speed, giving them at least a slight chance of successfully running away (since CMs don't really do anything useful vs. Train CDs).

Thoughts, opinions, flames?
I would Make those 3000 Ones more heavily guned, actually.
' Wrote:I would Make those 3000 Ones more heavily guned, actually.
Many of them are small enough that they don't have a lot more room for guns, at least not without looking silly.

' Wrote:Many of them are small enough that they don't have a lot more room for guns, at least not without looking silly.

More like a heavily armed transport, all cargo is neglected for armor.

oh yeah, we got that, called a CB AT
Yeah, Small Transports and things like the Albatross should have 160 thrust. Just a little bit more speed to play nice with both balance, logic, and the laws of physics.
Reminds Me, Synth Foods CB AT's Is a good Idea.

But yes, Give smaller thingies a bit more thrust