Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lost account ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, anyone know a way of retriving a lost ID?

If needed i can supplie all information regarding my Chars on the ID down to there currnet location, ships, kit outs and current amount of cash.

If its impossible to retrive a lost ID then i guess ill just play CoD4 till jumpgate's Releace :<
System restore, but if you reinstalled windows, no there isn't. Why can't you people just backup your account ID? >_>
Sigh what a waste :<

Is it possible to have my Char's on the old ID moved to my new ID? as i said befoe i can suplie information only i would know to prove i am the owner.
' Wrote:Hey, anyone know a way of retriving a lost ID?

If needed i can supplie all information regarding my Chars on the ID down to there currnet location, ships, kit outs and current amount of cash.

If its impossible to retrive a lost ID then i guess ill just play CoD4 till jumpgate's Releace :<

If you have re-installed windows as Johnpeter said, then it's lost forever.

However, if you haven't, I've heard that if you look in the registry, you might be able to get it.

WARNING!!!
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU MESS UP YOUR COMPUTER BY FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Ok, to find your 'lost' ID do the following;

Click 'Start', goto 'run' and type 'regedit', without the ''s.
[color=#FF6600]Note: Regedit can be used to edit the registry on your computer. Editing the registry can seriously mess your computer around. If you aren't sure, don't do it!

Scroll down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click it.

Scroll down to SOFTWARE and click it.

Scroll down to Microsoft Games and click that.

Move down to Freelancer, open that, then open the folder inside it.

In the right hand side of the screen should be a number of lines.

The one you want will be PID REG_SZ.

The long number on that line will be your ID. Write it down, then close regedit.
' Wrote:Sigh what a waste :<

Is it possible to have my Char's on the old ID moved to my new ID? as i said befoe i can suplie information only i would know to prove i am the owner.

Sadly, no restoring IDs means the server has to go down, and that dosent happen because it takes too much time. If your going to leave, don't mitch and boan on your way out.
' Wrote:Sadly, no restoring IDs means the server has to go down, and that dosent happen because it takes too much time. If your going to leave, don't mitch and boan on your way out.

Firstly losing the ID was my falt so why would i "Mitch and Boan" ?
Secondly, Why so hostile?

All i was doing was expolring my options....
Did you re-install windows or was the HDD re-formatted?

For future reference, use freelancer account manager and email your account code to a personal web based email service like Gmail or Hotmail so you can recover it even if your HD dies, your PC gets hit by lightning or your laptop is incinerated by a faulty battery.
Talk to an Admin they might be able to help