Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Possible cheating detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was lagging quite a lot for my trade run, I bought some commodities from a planet and took off, then I got kicked for cheating.

Does lag automatically brand you as a cheater? Why did I get kicked for cheating?
happened to me before too when i had bad lag. it was due to the fact that i sold goods and got the money on my account but my client didnt update the amount of cargo so i saw myself still having a full cargo hold. first i thought i missclicked and just clicked sell again what gave me the amount of money again and bought the goods for the return trip. got kicked upon launch. no biggie can happen, its the anticheat protection against people who try to manipulate the things they have in their hold and try to make fast money that way.
Yeah that can happen. The server and the client get confused sometimes due to lag and kick you (as a possible cheater).

This happens to maybe 10 people per day and is nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the reassurance, I was getting quite worried that I might have done something wrong.