Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Spatial and cargo size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I fly a Spatial as an explorer, basically an excuse to see the sights of Sirius.

Occasionally (very, because I play about 4-6 hours after a restart) I run across a wreck, or want to do a little mining, or what have you, and I find that with my RP cargo and armor upgrade, both necessary to survive in the troubled times of Sirius, that the cargo bay is pretty small for a ship that size.

Now one would argue that the Spatial isn't supposed to be a freighter, that it's cargo hold is so small because of the living accouterments take up a lot of space, that blah blah.

But I was doing some digging, and find that the CSV, yes, that little thing the Junkers and Hogosha drive, has the same cargo-hold size as the big honkin' Spatial. That doesn't seem right to me.

I know there's an update coming out fairly soon (rumor has), and I'm hoping this can get done and implemented into said update. I'd like to see the cargo size of the Spatial increased to around 300. <insert random "Sparta" joke here>

I think 300 cargo space is easily conceived for a ship that big, and it's not too big to compromise the purpose of other ships. The only real argument against it is that with 300 cargo, it could mount the capital armor upgrades. Is the combat-worthiness of the Spatial really sufficient to warrant this argument? Are we going to see fleets of Spatials with CapVI and SNACs roming the skies? Those things are as big as barns, they're not hard to hit. I don't think balance would be a problem here.

So could this be done? And in a timely manner? I hope so.
I doubt you will get it. 300 means you can mount a good-old Cap armor on it. If the Spatial gets one, the Recycler should have one as well. And every other SHF as well.
i am for this idea, the cargo hold is the very reason i do not use it. i prefer to have room for my fighter armor and rp cargo plus extra space for whatever i come across.

to fix the cap armor problem, simply make it a new rule. players found flying spatials with cap armor have the armor taken and not given back, therefor they end up with loosing their armor and several hundred million credits.

my two cents worth
It's an interesting thought, to be sure, though the chief redflag that comes up is in the form of providing the vessel with sufficient cargospace to mount truly daunting cap armors.

But then a cap 8 Spatial would still be barely capable, if even, of surviving a snac.

That being said I had a test spatial onto which I had mounted a cap 3 and the amount of conventional fire that I could weather was simply laughable.

But then it would be a 800 million gimped gunboat.

Ok, yeah, WOO! Freighter space for the spatial please!
Now i want a cap 8 spatial....
Even w/ cap8, the Spatial at 300 cargo would have NO room for any cargo, and still be SNAC-bait. 29600*4=118400 < 132000 SNAC.

But that makes me wonder if everything's balanced against the SNAC.

@AJ: No, not every SHF should get one. The Spatial is HUGE compared to both the Recycler and the Mafic, both of which are more FIGHTERS. The Spatial is more classified as an explorer, and in my opinion, this makes it need a larger hold.

: No reason to make more rules. If someone wants to put a cap7 on it, they can waste the 400m. If 300 is too much, knock it to 295. but something more than 180, especially for a ship that size.
Bump.

Especially with the mining mod, this ship, and now possibly the Mafic, need a bump in cargo in my opinion. What is an aspiring miner to fly before they get that big Hegemon? I'd like to amend my request to something in the 450-500 range to put it in line with current freighters. Keep ALL the stats the same, but boost the cargo.

Please?
i would say no, as someone here said the Cap armor issue.. having the ability to equip a cap armor on a fighter will be just wrong
The spatial is not a freighter.

The spatial is an exploration ship, with the capabilitys to haul around small amounts of cargo. If you really need to roleplay an explorer with loads of cargo, then please, get a freighter.
' Wrote:Ok, yeah, WOO! Freighter space for the spatial please!

Darn 'dmin said it... Let's git to work... 250 cargo shouldn't be to much for it. Afterall it's larger than most freighters. And a spatial even with cap 8 armor wouldn't be a hazzard in a fight. Any bomber can rape it, any vhf can rape it 50% slower.. (probably without loosing a single bott)
Pages: 1 2 3 4