Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Two questions on piracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1. How often can you pirate someone?
I usually pirate everybody who comes along - ie if same trader goes to manha with cardi and back with slaves, I pirate him both time, like twice in 30 minutes or so?
Any rule or general opinion about this?

2. What demand is reasonable?
How much money i still RP remand? 5k cargo of cardamine is worth nearly 13 million in total, almost similar for slaves. Is it okay to ask 4-5 million for such cargo loads?

Thanks for answers:yahoo:
' Wrote:1. How often can you pirate someone?
I usually pirate everybody who comes along - ie if same trader goes to manha with cardi and back with slaves, I pirate him both time, like twice in 30 minutes or so?

How much money i still RP remand? 5k cargo of cardamine is worth nearly 13 million in total, almost similar for slaves. Is it okay to ask 4-5 million for such cargo loads?

Well, you could. Myself, I would fight it out or run, but not pay. Since the value of bots bats and slaves or cardi does not amount to the taxation or robbery toll in which you are asking for.

The commoditiy in value is 1.5 to 2 mill (around that amount or so) and botts and bats may only be worth 500k. You more and likely to have a better response or a quick payment if you ask for a mill or two on a 5k. Any more than that and your percentage of payment success goes down.

Note: You really can't look at what the trader could make on his load and tax from that, why would he want to do 18 minutes for travel just to give you nearly 50% of his profit. There are plenty of shorter routes that are legal that would provide a better return than the route you just taxed. High charges will ensure that the trader wont come back through time and time again. If you make it low and with good rp, more than likely the slaver/trader wont give you flak and find an alternate route. There are 3 routes for that commodity.

I'll tell you right now, you will get *so* many different opinions on point 2, that you'll go insane.

As for point 1, well if the trader in question is silly enough to go back thru an area where they were pirated previously, go for it, pirate him again. Note this is coming from a Trader. :D

Aaaand on to point 2. You can ask for as much as you feel is ok.

There is, as far as I know, no limit on how much you can ask for, but wiping out a traders entire (possible) profit for that section of the run is, in my opinion, bad form.

Also note that being too heavy handed with your demands may result in people coming back with a fighter or other craft and extracting thier 'lost profit' from your hull, which is something you don't want to happen on a regular basis.

Hope this has helped a bit, but don't take this wrong, I hope I don't run into you in my trader out there. :P
for me tax amount according to cargo, trader's relatioship, point of distination for that cargo .. Anyway the first goal for pirate its to get moneys not to kill bee, who give your mead time to time. If you request too much trader can go to try to escape - this is a problem, if you have a bomber and kill trader you only get ~60 units for sale, better get some credits, mm?
See, Courios is awesome and he speaks right.
The goal is cargo not murder, unless you are a murderer. I hope you have the right skills to roleplay a murderer. Not a person that killed someone, but a person who takes enjoyment from it.

I'll pirate a guy every time he comes across. Every time. For example some even went back to buy full cargo after I pirated them system away. They didn't proceed forward, they turned back to buy same cargo they're missing. I just take it again. Its unreasonable to do such things.
So you get pirated, and you know this pirate is around that system, and you go trough it again. That's just silly and brave.
Would you even go to a system if you knew a pirate was there? Lets regard the fact that you got pirated once 5 minutes ago.
I would usually say that 2 mil is the maximum to tax from a trader or smuggler, but with the cardie/slaves issue it really depends on your char. Does he care? If not, charge the usual amount. If he looks down upon slavers or drug dealers, charge them hard or even demand their cargo.
When a trader says 'kill me its cheaper' kill all of his turrets, shield and thruster and let him go.
Are you those [IP] fellas in Coronado and Cortez? If yes, you are decent fellas, and you are doing exactely what the slave/cardie trade needs at the moment: opposition.
Yes, I am the somehow "leader" of the small IP bunch that is running around in those systems.
And reason why I ask the amount is simple - I asked 1-2mil from cardi / slavers previously, but they put up bounty on my head. So now my char in RP is angry at OCs and is looking to more punish their economy.

Thanks for answers btw;)
' Wrote:Yes, I am the somehow "leader" of the small IP bunch that is running around in those systems.
And reason why I ask the amount is simple - I asked 1-2mil from cardi / slavers previously, but they put up bounty on my head. So now my char in RP is angry at OCs and is looking to more punish their economy.

Thanks for answers btw;)
You should make them hostile to you.. and make Hackers/Rogues as well. Also.. good luck with your base camping there... The bounty was fully collected.. but now you are just a target..

And one more thing.. 3 bombers vs Your Corsair missile boat and A bomber is a fair fight.. so please do nto OOC in system chat screaming how unfair everyone to you.

Alright point 1. When I pirate someone, it is usually once per day since I don't want to make them angry and it's part of my reasonable RP. This includes if they go back and forth, whatever.

Point 2. Alright, this is the breakdown of my demands, as posted yesterday
Levels
80+ = 2mil
75+ = 1.75mil
70+ = 1.5mil
65+ = 1.25mil
60+ = 1mil
55+ = 750k
50+ = 500k

Nothing below gets pirated.

Now, when I ask for "taxation" I usually will tell them that it's a small one time fee for the day, but if I'm on a busy lane with authority everywhere I tend to be quick i.e.

"Alright, I'm gunna' need (suppose he's level 63) 1.150.000 mil for you to pass..."

Now the trader can do 2 options:
A: Agree and Send you the money
B: Ask, why.

Now B leads to me draining his sheilds. It is by far the most effective display to get them to pay.

Now A generally leads them to paying or calling in some sort of assistance. So when they say okay, if I don't get it in like 6 or 7 seconds, I tell them they have 20 seconds before I blow them up. Granted, I usually say 5, 4, 3 etc. when they reach 10/12 seconds because my goal isn't to blow them up rather make money. But my lovely bomber has the efficiency to take it out need be.

Like others have said, be reasonable. There was a guy in a whale yesterday who was literally out of money so I gave him 100k to get fixed up (his hull was damaged). Some might argue, that's not RP! Well it is, more like an investment. Sooner or later he'll make money and run into me, thus be more willing to pay.

Now, if you get lucky enough to catch an arms dealer, I make them bleed. 10mil or Immediate Death. I don't wait for them to call in backup, they have 15 seconds. I tell them that if they're unlucky enough to get an authority to come by that sucks.

My point is, don't be such a hardcore pirate. Be a good RP pirate, you make more money that way. The goal isn't to crank out money, so granted a little at a time works.

Also, be open to bargaining/negotiations, which makes it a little funner for the both!:)
' Wrote:You should make them hostile to you.. and make Hackers/Rogues as well. Also.. good luck with your base camping there... The bounty was fully collected.. but now you are just a target..

And one more thing.. 3 bombers vs Your Corsair missile boat and A bomber is a fair fight.. so please do nto OOC in system chat screaming how unfair everyone to you.

About this - yes I am trying to shoot NPCs of almost everybody on sight.
next - my gunboat is not missile boat, it has one missile mounted only.
next - having outcasts rogues and BAF flying from all over Sirius to shoot me is more then mere coincidence isnt it? Followed by a PM from a guy who refused to pay and got shot saying : I told you my friends will not be happy, which only indicates that you called whom you could to help you out on shooting me. So sorry if I feel bit oorp ganged by you and your fellows. Nor to mention that fight in Coronado where you in much good OC style kept bringing your fellaz to fight us. You utterly failed tho.
And please, next time, answer on what I asked. Your opinions on how I play the pirate is not really answer I am looking for in rule section. I hope you understand that;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6