Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Faro_the_slaver has been sanctioned owing to a report posted for:

Quote:3.3 Out-of-character (OOC) chat must not be used in system or local chat. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.

3.4 Attempts to pose as admins, using an Admin's name without prior consent and threatening sanctions is not allowed.

Consequences:
Avoid threatening others in game. especially when you are a little off on your knowledge of the rules. Read them carefully. Fined 50 million credits. Notification in hold.

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
I'm the owner of Faro_the_slaver and i have a little problem with this sanction: i know i've done some ooc and i'll try to explain the situation.
i was trading slaves from niverton to malta when i jumped in tau 29 sistem and the player ZAS~Gwen.Sky tryed to force me to land on freeport 6 and free the slaves. i refused and i got killed.
i respawned and i've done the same route so ZAS found me again and attacked me a second time in 20 mins. a trader can pass in a system after being killed for passing trought or trading but ZAS could'nt attack me twice in 4 hours. it was impossible not doing ooc chat to explain him he was doing something against server rules but he didn't listen to me and destroyed me again.
so i'm really sorry for the ooc but really cannot understend why i've been sanctioned for this when he's free to play doing something worst.
I tryed to make a report against him but i don't have any screenshot proving what i'm saying becuse i don't take a pic every time a ship attacks me.
this is an extract of the server rules:" Transport/Freighter/Liner which have been killed in a PvP fight may return to the system in which they were destroyed but only for purposes of moving through the system or for trade within that system. They may only act in a purely defensive manner. Resuming acts of piracy is not permitted."
If you look at the last sentence you'll notice that i know a bit about server rules and i know exactly what rule was ignored by ZAS.
in conclusion, the ooc chat was only done to warn a player and to let him know he was doing something against server rules and i don't think an immediate sanction was the best way to dealing with this because i've done it only this time. a player can be warned and then, if e continues he can be sanctioned.
even if i don't agree with the sanction i understand this sanction come from an administrator so i don't want to complain about itto have my money back, i only ask a re-inspection of the case with this new information.
i'm sorry for my beginner english and i thanks administrators in advance for their attenction.

If you are killed it doesn't mean you can freely move through the same system in a trade ship without fear of consequence.

In any case, a disagreement about the rules can be resolved without people threatening to have others sanctioned or banned. Discuss it in private in future.