Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jump Timer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey cannon, love the jump timer, will stop people jumping back and forth through a jh, one little problem though, there are a few places in Sirius where the jump holes are closer than 60 seconds flight time from each other. The means if you are trying to run from someone and you are in one of these spots you are dead. Is there any way we can calculate the minim time between two jump holes in Sirius and use that for the timer, so as to not kill people's ability to legitimately flee from someone.

Hope that makes sense.:)

I noticed this as well. I love it, but I thought the timer was closer to 20 seconds. I found out the drawbacks the hard way though - I was on my pirate character, and jumped through just in time to see a trader using the hole I'd just come through. I went to jump back, only to find "Recharging jump engines - 17 seconds".
Is it possible to just stop someone from using the same jump hole within that time period? Someone could jump through and jump back, but there can be entirely legitimate reasons for that*, and it'd prevent htem from continuing to jump back and forth. It'd also account for the really close jump holes.

* "Oh, hey, Omega-55. Wonder what that is-OHGODGETMEOUTOFHERE!"
' Wrote:Is it possible to just stop someone from using the same jump hole within that time period? Someone could jump through and jump back, but there can be entirely legitimate reasons for that*, and it'd prevent htem from continuing to jump back and forth. It'd also account for the really close jump holes.

I personally find people who jump into Iota/99/55/58 to be in need of dying anyways.

/bias

I've not run into the issue yet, but I'm sure I will soon. *goes to check it*
' Wrote:I personally find people who jump into Iota/99/55/58 to be in need of dying anyways.

/bias
Yes, because everyone who plays here is going to have an encyclopediac knowledge of the edge worlds right from the beginning.

(that example was from personal experience, actually...)
' Wrote:Is it possible to just stop someone from using the same jump hole within that time period? Someone could jump through and jump back, but there can be entirely legitimate reasons for that*, and it'd prevent htem from continuing to jump back and forth. It'd also account for the really close jump holes.
Not in favour of this idea at all. The whole POINT is to chase someone. The point of the timer is to stop the back and forth (as far as I understand.

As for the "way" of avoiding someone chasing you, with the new cruise speeds hardcoded, chases will not be the same anymore. You could always go up or down to extend the time. Then if they choose to "head you off" you can double back to the other jumphole that you went from.
Yea, I ran into this problem last night while trading... went from leeds to cambridge, then I had to sit there and wait at the omega 3 jumphole because of the drive timer.

I think 30 seconds would be more appropriate.
if you come form Omega-3 to Omega-5 the jump to Omega 7 is seconds away probably even in thrust speed.

If there is a way making it Jump back to the same hole/gate that you came from that would be great.
The Omega 3 and 7 hole in Omega 5 are ridiculously close together, They should be moved farther apart, Its really odd how a natural formation would be that close together with another.

I also noticed this, It outghta be about 30-40 secs.
Going from the Xeno Guard to Kepler then to Colorado doesn't work without having to stop at the Colorado hole. I can see it being an issue for some Xenos when they need to get their Bombers from the Guard to Colorado to blow up some Liberty Caps... or if they're running from Liberty caps and get stuck outside their guard system.
Pages: 1 2 3