Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Signiture Concepts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, I want to have a shot at making my own signature, but I don't have any ideas.

So, I'm offering 10,000,000 Credits for any awesome idea(s) I could try and use.

I will then try and make something from my favourite idea(s), and if I don't like it, I'll open the floodgates for you guys to make one, with a 50,000,000 reward.

Perhaps something that's kinda Spirit-y (if that even makes sense)
But, as I said, ideas only at the moment please, sketches and such would be appreciated, but not necessary.

So, without further ado, lets hear the ideas.
Well for a start, you might read this which explains quite a few things.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28403

So basically, your sig is only as good as your mind will allow your hands to create.

In my experience to date, trying to answer sig requests is a good way to learn too as most are pretty much a challenge.

Another good idea is to look at the type of sig that other members have in their profiles which should help in deciding how your own sig reflects your character.

A lot of people use stock photos, or request permission to use deviant art images, personally I prefer either ingame shots ( best done with the hud off and to be safe, in SP mode, as docking online can be dangerous in that you can't always find the targetting reticle.) My other source is wallpaper sites, simply use google with the search fantasy space+wallpapers.

Also, be sure you've the fonts you need, http://www.dafont.com/ is a good source, you can also use a font manager to temp install them.

But in all sincerity, art is more a feeling, if it doesn't feel right, it's definitely wrong.

My best advice is to experiment using the above suggestions.
Thanks very much, I was already working on a couple of space-themed sigs which I had taken ideas from images I'd seen in other places, but nothing seemed to have that Spirit-yness that I was after, so I chose to scrap the spirit-y type one and go for another, but ran aground prety quick.

Anyways, cheers...
=OFFER RESCINDED=

No one's taking any interest, so no more 10mil for ideas...