Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Mission Archives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: w8eVlaW.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Mission 39

With the last praxis of the mission completed, I can officially announce that Mission 39 was an enormous victory for the Lane Hackers. I was designing this operation since early 819 A.S. and now with its successful completion the Lane Hackers can boast that they have achieved the unthinkable, the impossible. The biggest extortion in the history of Sirius.

William Frederick Cody, one of the richest men in Liberty and the most famous weapons dealer was abducted, extorted, interrogated and humiliated. It took us a while to finish the accounting of the stolen loot which involves high-end equipment such as prototype weaponry, cloaking devices, docking modules and capital armor upgrades. Their market value is estimated to exceed $4,000,000,000 Sirius Credits.

Phase 1

For the mission to work we had to use reliable civilians who would act as "customers" and provide us critical details about the situation around Baltimore Shipyard. The Archangels Fighter Club was chosen since they were both willing and also available to borrow us their 'Bustard' Civilian Carrier for the mission. I personally visited and briefed their president about the details.

The Black Cherry Meeting

For the Jump Drive Mk IV, some ex-members of Star Enterprises Inc. now based at New Hope Freeport in Bering system borrowed me one which they did no longer use. Here is the relevant log entry:

1st paragraph of #803 report

Initially expecting a member of the Omicron Supply Industries to provide me with the Hyperspace Scanner Mk III, the plan didn't work as intended so I had to use other contacts. Fortunately the Junker Congress had the means to assist me with it.

Congress Correspondence

Then I transferred a Docking Module and a Cloaking Device from another Lane Hacker ship and the Bustard was ready. Once the coordinates were obtained, long simulations and trials were concluded and the appointment with W.F.Cody was made, I formally announced that the next phase of Mission 39 was ready to begin.

Announcement

Phase 2

Commanding the Bustard, I picked up Professor Hunter's vessel outside Buffalo and we proceeded above Norfolk where the Cloaking Device was activated and with the help of an AFC Serenity the fuel needed for the Jump Drive was also around. Once the Jump Drive was fully charged and the conditions around Baltimore were ideal, I descended down abducting Cody. Shortly afterwards this achievement was shown on the news media.

CNS Breaking News

After multiple transfers the Pirate Transport possessed a tremendous amount of loot which then successfully moved to Buffalo Base: [[b][/b]]

Phase 3

After the jump, Professor Hunter intercepted W.F.Cody who attempted to run away. The jump area wasn't randomly chosen. There was no straight way to slip away and you had to turn right and left in order to avoid the mines, making you an easy target for interception. After Ms Hunter successfully persuaded Cody to give away all his possessions, W.F.Cody was mania-interrogated in system-wide frequency by the Professor and myself. Interruptor Grubozaboyschikov and Initiate Red Grant had also arrived and secured the area and thus Cody knew fully well that his refusal to cooperate would mean his bitter end.

In the end Cody's yacht suffered major damage, including engine failure. He was left drifting in space while we triumphantly returned back to Buffalo. Once the loot was counted and assembled, the Archangels Fighter Club chose x4 Guardian codenames from the loot as their reward. They were also temporarily given the Jump Drive Mk IV as a reward for their performance and for lending us the Bustard. They are expected to return the Jump Drive once the Zoners ask for its return.

AFC Reward

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Interruptor.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: fuaLRNw.png][Image: 2.png]

Buonasera,
as I now have fully mapped out Liberty Operations areas I have switched activity to active missions within this area. As it appears some of our allies have not had any software updates for I while I diverted my attention to Phase 1 of the following.

[Image: XpbPDDF.png]

As can be seen, below, the deliveries were made in good time and without problem

Only 1 vessel appeared on scanners at extreme range, UNI|James.Prox as he exited a jump gate I was skirting. This was sadly only a brief contact and no information was obtained. Due to the sensitive nature of my cargo I chose not to investigate this vessel further.

Arrivederci
Maria Freudenstein

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
...Interruptor.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: fuaLRNw.png][Image: 2.png]

Buonasera,
after delivery of software updates for some of our close allies I while I have provided the same service for the rest of our close allies by addressing Phase 2 of the following.

[Image: XpbPDDF.png]

As can be seen, below, the deliveries were made in good time and without problem

Long range scanners indicated a lot of traffic from [HF] and A/) tagged ships in California causing me to plot some circuitous routes around the system, one of which revealed a new hostile installation, this will be reported via other channels.

Arrivederci
Maria Freudenstein

...Initiate.Maxwell.Tarn.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Mission 41
Mission type: Standard
Mission status: Available
Priority: High

Entering Mission data

It has come to my attention that information I have gathered fulfills some of the criteria of this mission in discerning the origins and disposition of ships identified with Battlegroup Auxesia. Appended is the direct transcript of my message to Lane Hacker Internal Comms detailing the most important of said findings. However, I was also able to stumble upon Auxesia and Hellfire Legion ships in a meeting with the Colonial Republic in the Coronado system. Though my data on that is spotty at best, as it appears my recording equipment was partially damaged in the ice fields during a hasty escape, it puts greater suspicion on the motives of said group within our purview in Liberty.

This is the only salvageable scanning record I have of the incident, showing a Battlegroup Auxesia vessel's radio chatter after I skimmed near the meeting accidentally during smuggling operations. It is, unfortunately, not enough to do more than raise our suspicions, but I will endeavor to unearth more evidence whenever I am able.

Attached Image

Speaking on the more complete data, it would appear that these vessels are growing in number due to defections from the illegitimate Libertonian Navy. While under normal circumstances I would have enjoyed seeing the Navy fall to pieces, this is not an ideal situation in any respect. Any suspected ally of the Hellfire Legion will only lead to greater problems for us in the future, and greater cooperation between two forces hostile to us (the Colonial Republic and Hellfire Legion) will force us into a serious predicament and as such I will continue my vigilance in reporting on these forces. I am still not entirely sure of their motives, but they do not appear to be entirely hostile. Perhaps, despite their current allegiances, they can be reasoned with and come to understand the right and proper perspective on Sirius. Namely, our perspective.

The recorded message is relayed below.

The following audiovisual message consists of eye-witness footage of the defection of a Liberty Navy vessel, and the ensuing skirmish between the Liberty Navy and a collection of ships with which we may already quite familiar. I will attempt to add as little commentary as possible before you view the data, as I do not wish to bias your interpretation, but I will first provide a complete list of the surroundings of said incident and the vessels involved.

Date: 2/7/823
Identified Participants: NCV.Eidolon.Wraith, The.Sovereign, The.Artemis, The.Cincinnati, 5th|LNS.Odyssey

This is the unabridged audio data I recorded from my position in the Corcovado Ice Field.

All recorded visual information from the incident is appended here, in chronological order: 1 2 3 4 5 6

My vessel was initially recognized, as I stumbled upon the group within their scanner range. However, I retreated to the safety of the nearby ice field in order to record their interactions. I was amused at the pettiness involved. I had thought the Liberty Navy to be more disciplined, but every day my former country surprises me with the absolute idiocy of its attack-dogs. However, the brazen use of firepower is becoming an element of concern to me. Not only are significant naval resources passing into the purview of unknown private groups, but these elements of brutish violence are bringing their conflicts closer and closer to our doorstep. Case in point, after they dispensed with the Naval dreadnaught and their ally's cruiser was lost, the flotilla passed within dangerous proximity of our Montezuma Base in their retreat towards Magellan and sighted me on scanners once again as they passed. Hostile forces traveling within seven kilometers of an active listening-post is uncomfortable, to say the least.

Due to the sensitive and unknown nature of this situation, I will attempt to further keep track of these elements if I am able.

On a further note, due to the hasty escape the flotilla made from the site of the battle I was able to collect material samples and low-priority escape pods from the wreckage before additional naval personnel could arrive. I doubt the Liberty Navy has much technology that could outpace ours, but perhaps the captured ratings can enlighten us on the nature of this particular mutiny.

Regards,
Maxwell Tarn

...Interruptor.Chang.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data.

[Image: QIs4eN5.png][Image: Interruptor.png]

Greetings fellow Hackers!
I want to report on the successful delivery of Counterfeit Software to Malta and Belfast production facility
I picked up the Conterfeit Software from Cochrane Depot on board ship cam image logs
I then after a long flight to Malta. returning with a hold of fresh cardamine to unload Back at Mactan base I bought an other load of Counterfeit Software, this time I planned on delivering it to Belfast production facility,
image log's database 90212.
that should be Mission 32 Distribute Counterfeit Software Phase 3, Standard,

...Initiate.Medrano.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Greetings Hackers!

I want to report on the succesful delivery of Counterfeit Software to Ecommoy Base.
I picked up the Conterfeit Software from Cochrane Depot Pick up
After a long flight I reached the Picardy system, were I deliverd the goods at the Ecommy Base Delivery
I dropped of 648 units of Counterfeit Software
After That I took some Organs back to Freeport 6.
Back at Mactan base I bought an other load of Counterfeit Software, this time I planned on delivering it to Vogtland Base, Which I did

that should be Mission 32 Distribute Counterfeit Software Phase 3, Standard,

...Interruptor.Le.Gérant.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CRk8fDf.png][Image: Interruptor.png]

Bonjour, Le Gérant ici.

As per Mission 45, I want to report on my reconnaissance of the Texas System. I have lots of footage so here is the dossier: Dossier 3.2-XA Apologies, it seems the footage has been uploaded out of order but all the info you need is still in there.

So where should I start. First of all I do believe this system would be a pretty good one to possibly expand into. Let me put it this way, lots of Police activity, lots of Weapon Platforms, lots of hostiles but it isnt without it's good.

First, the two clouds of dark matter. We have Pequena Negra and Grande Negra. Both highly radioactive with good reason.

Now, about the feasability of making a base there? To be honest, I think we have the resources. Both clouds would certainly eat at the hull of ships and stations right through the shield as it did to me, however we have to think of the strategic advantage to such positions. First of all, these clouds are very dense in debris, in fact, a patch of the Pequena Negra even has some pretty good quality Scrap out there which would also explain the reason why there's a Junker base so close to it.

Clouds these dense in Debris would severely inhibit the vision and radar of any lawful trying to pursue us. I don't know for you but if I was a lawful, I don't think I would want to follow a criminal into a big cloud of dark matter, who knows what could lurk in there with reduced radar range. Something else that it would greatly inhibit is ship movement itself, any big ship is sure to have a reaaaally bad time in these debris fields and with the Dark Matter eating at their hulls, it would not be wise to navigate these clouds without a nimble and smaller ship.

Out of the two clouds, I feel Pequena Negra has the edge over Grande Negra for a few reasons. First, proximity to the Pennsylvania, New York and California Jump Holes. All systems we routinely work with, this proximity would make operations in these sectors extremely easy and retreats as equally easy. Very easy to get resources to too because we will need routine maintenance very frequently.

Second, proximity to the Premium Scrap field and a Junker Base. This could make for very good business with the Junkers, we don't care much for Premium Scrap however, I am sure Junkers wouldn't mind doing business with us. In return for protecting that field that they most likely use very often from any trespassers, we could easily strike a deal with Beaumont Base for any kind of resources and maintenance we might need on the base and our ships. This would also strenghten our hold on any kind of transit to the 3 nearby jump holes.

Third, with Texas having a lot of Police activity and also being home to the LPI Sugarland which I wrote about in an earlier report, we know that anyone arrested is brought to LPI Sugarland. Proximity to this station would make any Prisoner convoys Ambush very easy should we have the need to do something like that. A base in Pequena Negra would be an excellent Staging ground for such operations.

We could possibly save other Lane Hackers who might have been captured or perhaps, prisoners of other factions given enough incentive. Monetary incentive.

Texas also has a Jump Hole to Puerto Rico which would make any business we might want to have with the Junkers much easier.

On top of all that, I have found a few peculiar things in the system, mostly on the Eastern end of it. For all intents and purpose, the system seems to be split mostly in two. Eastern is Police controlled while the Western part seems mostly empty of life except for the Junkers a little bit. This would mean that we could easily have hold of half the system for our operations.

About the peculiar things, the first one in the Eastern end of the system is a heavily guarded Jump Gate. The Jump Gate also appears to be active and surrounding it are Trade Lanes in construction. WIth this, we could easily have a one stone, two birds scenario. There is no doubt that they are in business with Ageira to have built this Jump Gate out in the emptiness of space with Trade lanes being built around it. This is a golden opportunity to research, extort and seize any Trading Lane parts and Jump Gate parts we would need. On top of it, it would heavily disrupt the plan of the Liberty Forces.

The other peculiar thing is a Jump Hole. I could not scan it nor travel through it. (Not that I would have risked it) But it might be worth investigating, I do not know where it brings and it is not scannable. Almost as if it didn't exist. Maybe a side effect to the Texas incident?

Speaking of the Texas Incident, I had heard of a Black Hole overlooking Planet Houston. I don't know how reliable these sources were because I have not personally seen any Black Hole in the system at all.

So that's my report on the Texas system. I feel like it's a system worth investigating for any expansion we might have and with it, I believe to have completed Mission 45.

Everything is attached in the Dossier up above. If the Professorship has any question, please direct them straight to me or if you want to include me into any plans you might have for Texas, I would be happy to comply, even to death.

Le Gérant out with this long transmission.

...Interruptor.Le.Gérant.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CRk8fDf.png][Image: Interruptor.png]

Le Gérant here again.

I've decided to go back to the Texas System, specifically the Pequena Negre and Grande Negra to take additional measurements for the feasibility of expansion to the Texas System.

Disregarding any tactical, logistical and geographical advantages which I will get to later, here are the measurements I have been able to take.

Pequena Negra:

The immediate edge of the cloud down to roughly halfway to the center:
Density of the Radiation = ~50 000 Gy
Radiation Energy = ~500 000 000 mSv

Halfway from the center to the near center:
Density of the Radiation = ~70 000 Gy
Radiation Energy = ~830 000 000 mSv

Immediate center:
Density of the Radiation = ~150 000 Gy
Radiation Energy = ~970 000 000 mSv

Composition: ~66% Alpha radiation, 27% Beta radiation, 7% Gamma radiation.

As you near the center, pockets of weaker radiation are scattered throughout the place. It would make for easier retreats if the worst comes to worst if we could map these pockets more accurately so that we would know routes with less risk of Radiation exposure that our enemies wouldn't know about. Additionally, the density of the Debris would make transit of bigger enemy ships much more difficult which is also very advantageous for us.

Grande Negra:

The immediate edge of the cloud down to roughly halfway to the center:
Density of the Radiation = ~250 000 Gy
Radiation Energy = ~970 000 000 mSv

Halfway from the center to the near center:
Density of the Radiation = ~330 000 Gy
Radiation Energy = ~1 400 000 000 mSv

Immediate center:
Density of the Radiation = ~440 000 Gy
Radiation Energy = ~2 000 000 000 mSv

Composition: 100% Alpha Radiation

Keep in mind that the most radiation-hardened electronics can survive radiations up to 1 000 000 000 mSv before starting to behave weirdly or outright stop working making building a base anywhere else but the very edge of the Grande Negra an impossible endeavor. I couldn't stay there for long at all, all my systems were going on the Fritz shortly after even entering the cloud and I had to make an immediate detour to Beaumont Base for repairs. The radiation composition of the cloud also makes it extremely inhospitable for life. A single breach of the hull would give a lethal dose of Alpha Radiation on the spot.

From these readings alone, the Pequena Negra has the clear advantage over it's tougher cousin, Grande Negra. With enough work and resources, it would be feasible to have a base in Pequena Negra while the Grande Negra would likely eat at the hull faster than we could maintain it and I am sure not many transports would even be ready to send resources our way with their hull being totally stripped clean just on the trip there.

Now if we get into the geographical, logistical and tactical advantages, the Pequena Negra also appears to have the edge.

Pequena Negra geographically speaking has proximity to several strategical points. It's proximity to several Jump Holes leading to active zone of operations would be a great asset. With Jump Holes to Pennsylvania, New York and California nearby. With those, we could easily monitor and control movements coming from or to Texas. Additionally, it would make a great staging ground and resupply point as well as provide timely reinforcements to the frontlines to any of these 3 systems.

There is also a nearby Junker Base called Beaumont Base. Most likely mining the Scraps and Premium Scraps found around the Pequene Negra. Our proximity to these fields and their base would make business excessively easy, business that we would need for several reasons. Not only can we turn Texas into a steady stream of income for the Lane Hackers but the Junkers could also easily transfer us any resources we might need for maintenance on the base.

Our Proximity (Albeit slightly farther than the Grande Negra) to LPI Sugarland, which I have uncovered earlier from a LN operative that this is where they transit their Prisoners, could be of interest. With a foothold in this system, we could realistically hit up Prisoner Convoys on their way in and out of LPI Sugarland. This would make it a real pain for the lawfuls and additionally, with monetary incentives, it would be quite easy to set up ambushes on convoys for certain people would rather they not reach LPI Sugarland.

Now for Grande Negra, to be honest, not only is this Dark Matter cloud completely inhospitable, the only proximity it has is to the LPI Sugarland and a few jump holes that are not exactly worth our concern as of now. This really reduces the incentive of even thinking about establishing a foothold there, not to mention the immense logistical nightmare simply maintaining ships and a station there would be for just a day. In clouds like these, consistent freights are key and I really have my doubts on anyone that would even want to ship anything to the Grande Negra.

I don't have much to say about the Grande Negra, it's a hell hole, there's nothing there of interest, it's dangerous, simply making a base there would use up more resources and manpower than we would care to spend.

In the end, these are all my opinions but the Pequena Negra heavily wins my favor for it has an infinite number of advantages over it's, quite frankly, ridiculously dangerous bigger cousin.

Le Gérant out.

...Deceiver.Nick.Nack.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data.

[Image: hfDKrpp.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Greetings fellow Hackers,
I'm here to announce the successful completion of mission 47 .
I managed to get my hands on Asuras , Hellion , Taranis ,Excalibur , Onyx and Bloodstone, those guns have been transferred earlier today to Cochrane Adjustor.
More information can be found in the attachment below.

..uploading..data..
...5%...29%...59%.....89%...completed...

...Interruptor.Chang.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data.

[Image: QIs4eN5.png][Image: Interruptor.png]

Greetings fellow Hackers!
I am here to report the completion of Mission 31: Obtain Jump Gate, Trade Lane and Docking Ring Parts
Mission type: Repetitive Advanced
Mission status: Open
For decades Ageira Technologies is desperately trying to upgrade their hardware in order to prevent us from hacking into the neuralnet and the creation of our founders, the Universal Ship Identification system (USI). It is thus pivotal for the whole future of the Lane Hackers to obtain White Boxes containing newly manufactured Parts of their illegally restricted technology and research them for any changes.

Phase 1, Repetitive Advanced, Open
Seize substantial amounts of Jump Gate and Trade Lane Parts from corporate transports and deliver them for inspection and examination to one of our bases. Provide visual confirmation of hostile transport interception, extortion and successful delivery.

I located two Ageria main branch cockaloums one of which was carrying 500 trade lane part's the only thing is they didn't want to had them over with out a fight so I called up Initiate.Niall.Dunne,Interruptor.Medreno and Infiltrator Nick Nack to lend a hand as they both had some heavy armour upgrades you could tell with out spyglass that more panel's was raised than normal.

Interruptor.Medreno severed as our transport ship for the part's. We tried to get the flunkies to drop the part's without ripping open their cargo bay's but they was too dim witted to oblige so we had to destroy both ship's all hand's lost but Interruptor.Medreno quickly picked up all the Wight boxes and stored them in his hull Uploading camera log's 2212 so when the firefight ended we escorted him back to Cochrane so that the part's could be moved onto the R&D labs

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14