Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FIXED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Issue solved. I'll leave this post here so that you can akll have a good laugh.:)

---

Thank God I double checked my new ship and equipment, and I'm sorry I din't double check until after I blew every dime on the new ship, and put myself in this situation.

Current situation:
Name: Hibiki.Maru
Ship: 4700 cargo Kujira transport
ID: Freelance Trader ID (3600 cargo max!)
Issue: Started my first trade run, noticed cargo-limit problem. Docked at nearest base to get out of game asap. (Planet Junyo, Samura) Ship is grounded until situation is sorted.

Possible solutions:
1) Rep Hack to a house shipping firm (Samura easiest, as I can buy the ID where I'm docked.)
2) Permission to fly on the incorrect ID for 1 hour. (1 bribe + 3-4 base busting missions and Bob's my uncle. Just takes time with 1 level 3 turret, but it can be done if I select missions with no requirement to kill ships.)
3) Any other solution you can offer that won't pose too much inconvenience for you.

I realise this is literally my problem, and that you are perfectly entitled to say "sort out your own mess, buddy", and I kind of deserve it too... Maybe one of you is having a good day though, and feeling like spreading some good will towards your fellow man.:)

I'll happily pay a fine for the trouble (as soon as I actually get some cash together again, and I'll start working on that with my researcher now.)

Again, my apologies for being a daft schmuck. Just wish I could think of a way to solve the issue on my own.

sincerely,
Argyle
You can buy the Samura ID with a single bribe, you do not need full green rep to get it.
Don't worry. Trust me, this happens to me all the time.

Thank you very much for being sensible about this, you are a far greater person than I am (as are everyone on discovery but meh). I usually just go straight for it
Your dilemma is unfortunate and I sympathize. I am willing to give you whatever credits you need to sort this out, should it help.
Ahah... I thought all IDs required max rep.

You were indeed correct, a single bribe, and my problem is solved to the point where I can launch and rethink my strategy.:)

Thanks!

Argyle
Glad I could help.:)
~facepalm~
Glad it worked out. This is oh so familiar to me.

Only last time, it was Hoodlum that beamed me to Bastille and thoroughly interrogated me.
For the record, if you have bought a ship and find yourself with the wrong ID and you are fixing it then no action is likely to be taken. This happens to a lot of people. At worst you'll end up in bastille until you promise to fix it.

Repeated offences or flying for days and days is a problem but normally you don't need to worry about it; just do what you need to do to get things sorted out.

If someone questions you then perhaps RP your licensing problems with them rather than going out of character to explain the problem. It might work, it might not but probably would be fun. (If they submitted a violation report and you had screens of your RP conversation a sanction would almost certainly be overturned).

Note that people who intentionally buy a ship with the wrong ID are much more likely to be smacked down. For example guy with an Outcast destroyer and a civ id and who is saying in system chat "You can't attack me I'm rep fixing, lol" is quite likely to draw some trouble. This is equally true for the guys who have a completely OORP setup and a name like '//repfixing'.