Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Special RP request ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is there something we can do to give RP approved ships an ID or tag or something to show that it's a special roleplay approved ship? It'd be nicer to show who's done their homework and get some people to stop griefing every time they see something out of the ordinary.
Not a bad idea, but usually its not that hard to tell who is special RPed and who isn't.
' Wrote:Not a bad idea, but usually its not that hard to tell who is special RPed and who isn't.
Correct. if i am not sure i PM the person asking if its a Special RP to avoid any misunderstandings.
Isn't there a Special Operative ID?
I have been pondering this. Not sure exactly the best way to achieve it. Can't necessarily do it by ID as many requests are to use a particular ID and IFF.

I think possibly a new piece of equipment or cargo. A special RP item...if you see it then the ship/id/iff/whatever is probably approved. Not sure if this is a good idea or not.
Equippable? Kinda like the armor?

So you don't lose it when you die?
Cool idea Cannon, special scanner maybe?

Not more powerful than any other scanner, just differently named.
Yes that does sound like a good addition.

Similar to the BS lic. just for same with the scanner on a rp requested ship.

I dont know how often rp items are apporved and what type of work load this would put on admins. I would not want an additional work load to be installed as this would hinder rp requests percenaga and review.
Perhaps just an ID with an asterix or something (*)
Since you do give them permission, perhaps you could put one of these inside the ship. Or replace scanner, yeah.
Basically, only reason to do this, is to prevent the other player to report the "special rp-er" for his ID not matching his ship and equipment.
So by not having people report them usually means less work for you
Remove the hull upgrade, incorporate the hull multiplier (but not it's cost) into the ships (come on, almost nobody who isn't a complete newbie here flies without a Mk 8 upgrade anyways, it just artificially rises the price of ships) and use the slot for things like this. People'd need to grind less and those with an approved special RP request would get less "ONOZ OORP" idiocy, so it'd be a win-win.
Pages: 1 2 3 4