Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help with starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys, im an old FL player from wayyyy back and i have decided to come back into the swing of things but since the Global Server has gone down i cant connect even using the IP on the end of the shortcut like shown in the server description, ive searched through the forums but still unfortunatly cant figure out a solution.

I realise everyone bar myself knows what to do so I imagine it will be easy to explain

Cheers,
Vallon
' Wrote:Hi Guys, im an old FL player from wayyyy back and i have decided to come back into the swing of things but since the Global Server has gone down i cant connect even using the IP on the end of the shortcut like shown in the server description, ive searched through the forums but still unfortunatly cant figure out a solution.

I realise everyone bar myself knows what to do so I imagine it will be easy to explain

Cheers,
Vallon
Well do you have the proper mod installed?
' Wrote:Well do you have the proper mod installed?
yeah the latest one is installed (i remember how to install them with FLMM from when i used to play) and it went on without a hitch

Edit: im assuming that the Mod itself has some kind of workaround? would uninstalling it and reinstalling help?
than it should update once you start the game..

Than just Run the game through DSUpdater.EXE

it should work.. if you do not see this server (GC) or any oher there might be some anti virus/Firewall blocking it

Port forwarding and routing maybe
' Wrote:than it should update once you start the game..

Than just Run the game through DSUpdater.EXE

it should work.. if you do not see this server (GC) or any oher there might be some anti virus/Firewall blocking it

Port forwarding and routing maybe
ohh....through DSUpdater.EXE ? ive just been running through the standard FL exe
yea try the updater. Let me know what happened. if you see no servers you must add the FL to exemptions on your firewall or open ports
Yeah tried that and its coming up with the same error that it cannot connect to the server.
Also i can see the servers but the problem occurs when i go to connect
im still completely stumped

Edit: for your reference the error message i get when i attempt to join the server is: 'Im Sorry. But a connection could not be established to that server. This is usually caused by a server going offline when you attempted to connect to it. It may also be caused by internet problems. Please try again later'

you probably have seen or heard of this error before
It might be the anti-virus you are using. What do you have? Also what OS?
' Wrote:It might be the anti-virus you are using. What do you have? Also what OS?
Im using Trend Micro but i disabled it to attempt again but got the same result
and im on Vista...which apparently isnt a big fan of FL
Pages: 1 2