Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Permanent lagg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi mates,

i have a big problem since update 1.
i have permanent lagg while im ingame.

if i alt + tab out the game my pc works well.
when im in the main menue i dont have any problems too.

but when im ingame
i cant move my mouse or click.
when im infight and i got such a lagg my ship make loopings and dont stop firing.
also i cant hear my clanmates via teamspeak cause they lagg too.

BUT... my music (webradio) works fine... i dont have any trouble with this

i have Win XP SP3
a AMD Phenom II X4 940 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
my GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
my mainboard is a Gigabyte MA78GM
and my mouse, im using, is the Sidewinder Mouse (M$)

i start my freelancer with following console settings:
s82.113.48.5:2302 -dx

so, just the server IP connect stuff and the new wide screen option
i need this option cause i use a Samsung SyncMaster T220 with 1680 x 1050 resolution.

i hope anybody have similar problems and know how to fix em

thx in advance

P.S. sorry for my bad english
Lag?
Why are you posting PC specs for an internet connection problem?
' Wrote:Lag?
It could be machine induced lag, and why are you replying to a technical support question without giving any form of relevant help ? Is your life that empty, that a +1 is so important ?

- Check that you do not have any unecessary programs running in the background. Also, when you activated the 4.85 Mod the first time, did you enable the ENB bloom effect ?

The first item to do, in order to debug this, would be to check if you have the same problem offline, while in OpenSP mode. Just use New game from the main menu, and see if it also happens there.

Next step : use FLMM and deactivate the mod. The update has also updated the mod files in the FLMM folder, so when you reapply the mod, you should be good to go.
After deactivation, remove the ENB related file in the Freelancer folder, and then reactivate the mod with FLMM. Check if that solved the problem.

Try those steps, then post the results.
' Wrote:Lag?

It's always good to be thorough.

Your problem sounds like more of a PC side error rather than internet related. In that case...

/SUMMON BOSS
I think the server is lagging.

You should open up task manager and see what program is hogging up your CPU juice. If your PC is running without a load goto www.speedtest.net and check what kind of throughput you are getting from your machine (the odds of it being a serverside problem are slim since there are about 150 people playing on it without much of an issue) You can also eliminate disco RP24/7 server by logging on to disco USA and see if the problem persists.
if it does, you are down to the software.....
I suggest start from a vanilla install then.
ok mates

the problem was a pc side error
later my pc creates more and more probems
in the end it dont works anymore
so i decided to format my c drive
now i can play online and offline lagg free

but now i have screen errors
for example
i have no cursor... the only place where i can see it, is over the contact list.
but i have no dock, fly to, formation ar free light buttons
also i cant see markings when i click something

the font looks very weird.
ingame and in the main menue.
but look yourself

[Image: 0e7ef5986b4e19cafeb1c292df37450d86978f42.jpg] [Image: 4335d5d699cde76f1bcd02840f9ebb55e567ba7d.jpg]
Looks like a failed install. The font that Freelancer uses for the menus, Agency, appears to be missing, so it's substituting the system default font.

Reinstall again, making sure the program is being installed with admin rights, IE from an account that is a system administrator.
ok, i now reinstalled FL and the disco mod...

the font looks weird and dont changed very muhc, but its smaller and readable

i got all icons back
also i see my coursor again

thx you all for your help
i think this theread can be closed now