Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pittsburgh Clean-Up Event #4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For information about the concept and backstory, please take a gander at this thread:
Pittsburgh Debris Field Clean-Up

Pittsburgh Clean-Up Event #3!
Quote:After initial set-backs brought on by heavy Rogue and Xeno opposition, the organized effort by DSE came to a near-complete halt. The smelters were kept running only because of a trickle of scrap coming from the many small-time freelancers and Junkers trying to earn a living. The Debris Field sat unmoving, noticeably unshrinking, as a giant wart on the face of Liberty and DSE. Voices cried out in the streets and media, but were apparently unheard.

In secret, DSE executives contacted their ALG counterparts in secret and off the Lane Network and NeuralNet. They sat down around tables in dark rooms aboard Ankis and Yachts and planned a renewed effort. Within mere months, the plans were done incubating and were close to hatching. In an effort to delay the awareness of violent oppositional factions as long as possible, the operational center would be located far away from the busy gravity elevators of Pittsburgh.

The success of the renewed operation and the utter lack of opposition prompted an operational expansion. With operational supervising recognizing the very real danger of Rogues appearing at any time, the security contract with Liberty Police, Inc. is invoked. A modest police security force is all that defends the momentum of the clean-up initiative.

Participating Factions
  • ALG Waste Disposal
  • Deep Space Engineering
  • Liberty Police, Incorporated
  • The Liberty Rogues

When - Updated Date
Saturday, 27 October, 2009 at 19:00 UTC
For help figuring out what this means in terms of where you live: Fixed Time World Clock

We may start earlier, who knows.

Where
Somewhere around Planet Pittsburgh. Meet in orbit and look scary until we get started.

What?
Post here if you have questions, comments, concerns, criticism, want to come even if you haven't been invited, or want to come and for whatever reason can't let it be known any other way.

Independents of the participating factions are welcome to attend, though please recognize Official Faction Right #4.

All participants -- independents or the leaders of participating factions -- are encouraged to post here with their plan concerning the event. We will do our best to accommodate everyone's role in this event, and try to let everyone play as they would like.
Once again, key factions are unable to participate. It's time to improvise!

I'm going to need a detective or two and a criminal or three. If anyone is up to the job, report here within the hour! Details will be forthcoming as the event starts. The criminals will be informed of what they have done and the detective will be tasked with finding out what they have done.

Come on, it'll be fun!
Event postponed until next week, same time.
You can count on me being there. I was ready this week!

I know you were Frank, and a few other people were as well. There were just too many holes for me to be able to patch together -- in less than an hour -- into a cohesive event. We'll get it going next week.
Count me in too please Eyvind, I was kinda tied up this weekend.
Next week eh? My LPI will be there.
I've got a Pirate Hawk I might be able to get Freelancer repped by next Sunday.
A reminder to everyone that this event is taking place tomorrow. All those I spoke with last week are invited to come, though I realize some of you will be unable to.

ALG needs representation, but if that is still not possible -- did Ventana drop his responsibilities on anyone? -- then we will go with the same Plan B as last week.

We will have a few DSE members and will need some pirates and police. PvP will be optional and we will do our very best to keep all PvP nonfatal until the conclusion of the event. Anyone who does not respect the guidelines put forth by me, or the pleas and suggestions put forth by any other participant will be asked to -- or made to -- leave. Everyone is to be accomodated at nobody's expense, if someone is not having fun because of something you are doing you better reconsider your actions. being trigger happy is not a magic solution to fun, this event will not appreciate shooting for the sake of shooting.

If you are not interested in verbal role-play, this is in all likelihood not the event for you.
Without further ado, this event is canceled. Please stay tuned for the conclusion of this series that has been so fraught with instability.