Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Taxing rates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well I'd love to give it another go but I just don't know what to do anymore.

I have 2 options and I don't really like neither of those:

a) Start over completly and start mining helium again, and mining was the reason I was deleting the character for in the first place :/
or
b) Somebody donates me some money and I can just get along where I started off with my original plan.
But I don't like donations, I'm the kind of guy who takes care of his own and I want to make my own money.

Somebody please tell me there is a 3rd option ^^
' Wrote:Well I think that looking at others level is like metagaming(and probably some will disagree). I hate when pirates say "7 mil ro ide" and when you ask why so much they say "you are level 70 so you have money"

Now I understand when someone pirates me for 2- 3 mil if I am hauling diamonds, its based in the cargo, but pirating according to level...

Agreed. Piracy according to level is more ooc/metagaming than whatever you may throw at me.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50169

I wonder if the two are related?

Also, pirating based on level? please. If anyone can give me one good reason that's NOT metagaming...

So when a pirate flies up to you and demands 5m b/c you're a lvl 80, do you /givecash to another of your players and say "What, sir, is this lvl80 you're talking about?" as your lvl drops to 60 or so? What then?
' Wrote:well it depends. If you go "with your head trough a wall" aka, if you take cardamine from Malta and head forth Manhattan, then you're asking for it man.

If you think you should get away with it, then this server really isn't for you.

Well that's another situation isnt it? I didn't buy a 5k train(like I could ^^), and I didn't go around doing 'illigal' deals. I was a straight up miner, just working to get my starting budget up. I didn't even get around to making my 'main' character.
' Wrote:So when a pirate flies up to you and demands 5m b/c you're a lvl 80, do you /givecash to another of your players and say "What, sir, is this lvl80 you're talking about?" as your lvl drops to 60 or so? What then?

Then he blows you up for being a smartass.

BTW Chain - I sent you a PM
' Wrote:BTW Chain - I sent you a PM
You did? How do you access the PM's cause it says '0 new Messages' in my inbox
Chain why dont you join up kishiro? find us in game, do a convoy run with us (with your starflea), see if the route is good, and if it is, you have 2k cargo trader that we'll donate to you once you rep up for kishiro.
Repping up is easy, everything is easy actually.
' Wrote:You did? How do you access the PM's cause it says '0 new Messages' in my inbox
Clicked wrong button. Now you should get it.
' Wrote:Well I think that looking at others level is like metagaming(and probably some will disagree). I hate when pirates say "7 mil ro ide" and when you ask why so much they say "you are level 70 so you have money"

Now I understand when someone pirates me for 2- 3 mil if I am hauling diamonds, its based in the cargo, but pirating according to level...

' Wrote:Agreed. Piracy according to level is more ooc/metagaming than whatever you may throw at me.

' Wrote:Also, pirating based on level? please. If anyone can give me one good reason that's NOT metagaming...

So when a pirate flies up to you and demands 5m b/c you're a lvl 80, do you /givecash to another of your players and say "What, sir, is this lvl80 you're talking about?" as your lvl drops to 60 or so? What then?

A convenient claim of metagaming. Is looking at people's level and showing mercy to the poor player really metagaming? I'm not saying that people should be able to talk about it in roleplay, I'm also not claiming that high level players should be taxed more. But in terms of the poor player; it's either a little sacrifice for you, the pirate, or hours of work for the low level character.

Will you really look me in the eye and tell me it's fairplay for pirates to charge a flat rate calibrated to the rich so that they're robbing the poor of the entire value of their ship?

I'm done with this topic. I've never realized how far out of touch with fair play this server is.
' Wrote:I'm done with this topic. I've never realized how far out of touch with fair play this server is.

I'm just glad that some people notice that.

Like I said before RP is cool, but having fun is a must.

And I totally agree with the level related tax, else the richer just get richer, and the poorer get poorer..(don't mind the English in that sentence:D)
Pages: 1 2 3 4