Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: File attachments on the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd ask everyone who posts files larger than 250 Kb to use external file hosts.

The hosting space for this forum is limited. I'll have to limit attachment space to 100 Mb, and I already deleted many of the outdated and larger attachments. If large pictures and other large attachments will still be posted, I'll have to impose size restrictions for all attachment types.

Discovery is a large forum, and attachments are posted every day here. Just remember that large ones should be posted elsewhere, and that the forum should not be used as a reliable file storage. Attachments that are several months old might be removed anytime necessary.
acctually i was wondering about that...it always says attachment file size unlimited...i found that to be very strange...i also keep one forums and i know how space can be limited...

my internet provider gave me free web space of 25 Mb and i use it to hold most of my files...it is great for pictures and smaller files..and it is much faster then ordinary file sharing providers (and without commercial adds)
if any of you have such option with your provider but u don't know how to use it post here and i will make for you little tutorial...
So if we post out pictures using a site such as Photobucker or Maj, they wont be deleted? But if we attach them here with the attach feature, they might be.

Verginix Out
Picture Hosting: http://Photobucket.com
File Hosting: http://filefront.com

Use these instead of the forums.. Only takes an extra 30 seconds to do.
Ok good. i already use those. Then My files are safe.

Verginix Out
Those are exactly what Igiss means by "external host" because, well, they aren't connected with this site in anyway whatsoever, and, apart from a tiny bit of text, they don't even use the forum's server to download and show up.

I usually do use external... Because I don't like those little thumbnails. That, and I got used to doing it while Firefox had that small bug where images from thumbnails show up as a huge amount of random characters and boxes... x.x
At the risk of annoying Virus.... when attaching an external pic, is there any way to make it show a thumb rather than the whole thing?

Reasons I'm asking: 1) Sometimes pics are large and throw out the browser; 2) Any captions and notes I put by the pics are overwhelmed.

Thx!
o.
I believe there is. What host do you use?
Photobucket (or any others you'd care to recommend:)
If you have a large pic to post, you can just post a link to it instead. Or use a smaller image and provide link to a bigger version. For most situations, large pics are not necessary.

Also, I'm talking about 250K limit here. Even a Freelancer screenshot would take up less when optimized.
Pages: 1 2