Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question: Legate Loadout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I have mentioned before, we play on LAN server and abuses are inevitable :(
After weeks of collecting creds in my trader character, RP-ing a little bit as an IMG (it suits the ideology of being an anarcho-syndicalist :lol:), and getting blasted by swarms of battleships... I decide to rise against them :angry:

I do know that they are blasting for fun, but me and my fellow RP-er can't stand it any longer :nono:

So I choose to fly a Legate (and hopefully I RP it pretty well).

The current weapon setting is:
- 5 Pulses (hardpoint 2, 3, 4, 15, 16)
- 1 HM (hardpoint 12)
- the rest are Corsair Primaries

What do you think about the loadout?
Can the loadout be improved to stand against both bombers (in small number) and other battleships?
(I do know that the battleship is not an uber-ship which can stand against both, but at least I would like to have a defensive capability against bombers:()

EDIT:
I'm thinking about mounting a missile turret or two. Is this a good idea for caps vs caps battles?
Get some mates in bombers, and those Legates will be history.

Guaranteed.

And if you choose to ignore my advice, your setup is alright. Just watch your power though.
Not Amused Wrote:Get some mates in bombers,
Aye, I do agree with your advice :laugh:

Not Amuse Wrote:and those Legates will be history.

Do you mean the lolwutters' battleships? :laugh:
They fly in a combination of Kusari, Osiris, Rheinland, and Geb... :angry:

I haven't seen one in Legate, that's why I choose it ;)

Thank you for the quick reply :laugh:

Ah yes, what about the missile turret idea? Does it sound good? :unsure:
well as i also use legate i can propose you the following

1) Get rid of the pulses
2) Use one Hevy moretr (for show pice or trouble times)
3) Use at least 8-9 Corsair prmary BS turrets
4) Also 6 Solaris (preferbly) or Light corsair BS turrets from bomber protection

The Missile turrets are not good to kill Non NPC it only effects good when NPC comes in formation and slow speed
My loadout, which i find works very well is;

1 x HM (slot 1)
2 x Pulses (slots 9 and 10)
13 x Corsair primaries

Another (purely anti-cap) option would be to get all cerberuses, they do extreme dammage, and with the legate powerplant, you will be able to fire for quite a while.

I wouldnt use solaris or any anti fighter turrets, as it will not only be inefective on a ship as large as the legate, they will also greatly impair you anti-cap capabilities.