Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: House Currencies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Add the nomad kra'sheev or something to the list
Well I am quite impressed with the positive responses, thankyou everyone! I didn't add a coalition currency example for a reason: they are communists, they dont use money. *chuckle*

I think the only way this would work is in a dynamic economy and these currencies would have to be a sort of 'new commodity' to work. So, yeah, next to impossibile to implement, unfourtunatly.
I have to say 'No' here, sadly. I love the idea, but I doubt game mechanics will allow for it, and, this mod has made Freelancer a helluva lot more complicated, we don't need more to turn our brains to mush...

Once again, sorry I had to say no, but I do like the idea.
Do you know how confusing that's gonna get? Voted no.
I like the universal ablity of credits, accepted the Sirius sector over with no questions asked.
Good sir, I think that we should keep the universal sirius credits AND be able to use House currencies at will
voted 4th option you forget all the houses met to sign a universial trade pact9prolly standardizeing for interhouse trade the sirian credit)and probly baseing said credit off the liberty "fort knox"
Kinda makes me wonder if Gallia has always been in isolation and is hostile to the rest of Sirius why the hell do they use the same currency?
It does open great Rp doors but methinks utter chaos in Universal Trade.

Unless of course, someone writes some kind of economy regulation software?

One currency loses value against another which is determined by wgo trade what where, wars and natural disasters.. This way, Corporate tradiders can determine the world economy by manipulating events...

Great if it were possible but again, Universal chaos!
Personally I would not like to see the currency hassle there. The lacks the mechanics and there's the limit how much one character can have credits without corrupting the char. With different currencies this becomes a problem.
Pages: 1 2 3