Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Getting disconnected a lot today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happened earlier today while on FP9, then again a while later in S13 while out in space. Game elements such as bases and jump holes cant be interacted with until finally it says connection to the server has been lost. End up back at the server select screen, and find that the Disco server is gone. It comes back after a while and I talk to people once I get back in and they say the server didn't crash. So what's going on, is some router farting between me and disco?
It could be due to packet loss by your network card, or router. If you are using a router to split internet service to multiple machines in the household then try to connect directly to the modem for a while as a test.
Still can't see Disco on the server list. All the other servers are there though. I'm sticking by my original assessment. I'll try a tracert.
' Wrote:Still can't see Disco on the server list. All the other servers are there though. I'm sticking by my original assessment. I'll try a tracert.

The server is currently down and will be for a few hours to come.

' Wrote:Sadly, this will likely require a physical restart by Majkp, or for him to do network troubleshooting.

And he likely is asleep now, so it could be hours.

Play Civ 4!
Err. Or that would cause it, too. D'oh!
Play civ 4? That`s actually what I`m doing right now..
civ 4 is a great game.