Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Apocalypse Assault Wing - current status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Community, people, gamers, grown-ups with kid within you...

It's saturday. I like saturdays. Who doesn't? I got up in 14 am today... One of my several very good friends had a birthday celebration last night so... Anyway, I was surfing channels on TV, drinking my coffee, thinking about how will I play Freelancer today, how much I like doing it, how it is becoming every day more and more interesting, thinking about how to further develop my character, thinking about on which frontlines should we calm down and on which should we be more aggressive... I was thinking about my girlfriend for few minutes as well. Oh, she's so hot. But quickly I got back to thinking about recent politics in Sirius and how it is developing. So interesting. Then I turned on my pc, and fed my cat while my old machine took its time to enter OS. I sat on my chair, thinking: "Maybe I should do several series of push-ups a while I trade for 1 hour or so on my lux-liner." I click on Google Chrome, click to check my e-mail, visit Facebook for a 1 minute... I can't wait to visit Disco forum to see if anything interesting is going on... I select Disco forum from my bookmark list. Had few messages... I was thinking "Probably new recruits or some of our new guys has questions for me." I click on "New Messages"... Apocalypse Elektrik sent me a link. Quiet Boy did it also. Thus I click on a link...

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50197

WHAT A...???

I couldn't believe me eyes. First thought that came to me: "What a hell am I gonna do now? I can't go back to playing Civilization. I played it too much already. What now? NO MORE FREELANCER FOR ME?" Damn!

I also got sanctioned...

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50201

About this sanction, I'm really... enraged. That transport, Dab's if I understood correctly, gave order to open fire on me, and did it along with a Jugger and Talon, I think. I can't fire back just because he was in a transport? But it seems that community will prefer Dab over me. It's logical. I don't really mind about that. He's here longer than me, I'm sure of it. And who am I? My cap armor 8 taken... I've spent months in my liner saving money for it... I actually wanted to send PM Dab and congradulate for his excellent RP (he reminded me on Palpatine in Star Wars) but now this?

I really don't have grudge against anyone here but it seems I'm really not welcomed. So I created this poll only to hear of YOUR opinion, people. I know that many of you will laugh at me now and will feel relieved, and those who won't and who will agree with me, won't help Apocalypse Assault Wing's current... predicament. I don't expect anything, any longer. I have around 450 hours played on my Apocalypse_Now character. I don't know if that is a lot of time or it isn't, given the fact I'm playing this char for several months. If you really don't mind loosing a guy who spends so much time in this game, trying to be creative, trying to implement new things (with all due respect to whole Community), trying to forget the S--T of everyday life by traveling through space and shooting his turrets at his "enemies" - then I won't mind to leave everything behind. I think this is really unfair, especially this sanction more than anything else. I guess that I have something in common with Colonel Walter E. Kurtz's - I hate unfairness and my principles in life is everything I really have.

P.S. I won't respond to any comment(s) or accusation because everything I said is pretty clear, but I will carefully read all of your opinions.

IBTL

Well, to be more intelligent about this.

I don't really like your group. You peeps attack anything that is red, Freeport or not, I have yet to see one of your members RP with me even if it's so much as an engagement notice and untill I am proven otherwise.

You know what imma gonna tell you?

Im gonna tell squat.

UNF
I dont think it was justified, it does seem a bit extreme to take away your ships.

Though on the other hand (not to be at all biased), some in your group dont really participate much in RP, and while you are a good RPer and not deserving of this, some of the others are slightly more so.

I suppose it comes down to a saying; 'if you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows'.
Well everyone besides you in that group deserved it. Considering your groups actions as a whole in the past i personally think it was fair. However taking your ships away is a bit over the top

In my opinion none of you have shown enough rp to justify using a Terrorists ID
I chose "no" and "no" - reasons are:

I chose "no" for the first vote because few of the community (not all) aren't really treating 'you' - Apocalypse Now - fairly; due to your imported RP of the Apocalypse Movie. Though I have never saw it, I have to say you have improve a lot in things since I have met you. But, it seems that the community is not really opening their eyes on what you are trying to demonstrate - pity. (No offence to the community)

I chose "no" for the second part because 'terrorist' ID are not suppose to be given out like "rain" to a faction. Terrorist ID suppose to be independable and ones RP. Apocalypse_Now, you could have achieve this if you were alone - independent - but it seems few of them wanted to be on your tail - (me as well). But then again, it turned out badly. Sorry mate:(

Thats all I got to say for a old friend. . . .

- Luis
To be frankly honest, your actions on this server have been pretty lame. You and your group are powergamers.

[color=white]Discovery is not about "Getting The High Score".

Also, ibtl.

Edit: Removed misplaced quote >.>
Why don't you die out already?
I am guessing this Apocalypse group was primarily operating in Liberty? As I have yet to see one of them that I remember in my normal area of play.
Anyway,
From reading the sanction reports, the complaints, yadda yadda yadda...
The number one thing that stands out is Lack of Role Play. This server has PVP only when it is needed to fulfill part of a story line in the role play. You just don't go up to an enemy ship & type in "Engaging!" & slip into a pew pew pew fest. You play it out.
My suggestion to the Apocalypse group, Go read the rules, read them again. Then read some of the groups & factions story lines. Discuss with each other your goals you wish to reach in this server. Your story line & what you hope to achieve.
Make a post listing your groups storyline, your goals & what you plan on using as far as ships, weapons, bases ect. You & your group will find it more fun & easier to adapt this way & fit in with out as many problems.

Good luck:)
Listen mate,it is a bit harsh taking your cap 8,but be honest,transport ship really could do something to your cap 8 battleship?so you had to engage trader with battleship.Mehh.

List sanctions threads back,how many times did you and your wing got sanctioned.
You were always breaking rules(oorp chat in system,re-enaging,attacking traders etc).And after many sanctions you were still doing it.
You need to make difference between RP and fun mate.
When there is Order fleet and Apoclyse fleet in Delta,(lot's of people involved,and big RP,at least on our side.)I give you fair fight to go 1 on 1,your cap 8 mako against cap 8 osiris.Then I destroy you,we RP how we beat Apoclyse leader,and then you undock from Freeport 11 10k from us,and ask for re match. :wacko:
Come on,it can't be more OORP.
I like to pvp in my ossie aswell,but there is time for such things and there is time for good RP.
And you couldn't see that difference.
You have improved RP in last month.You were are unique RPer at start,and if it had stayed like that everything would be fine.
Creating that army of cap 8 makos wasn't good move.
RP sentences were only coming from you,and Rain few times.All others didn't know t osay anything else then Engaging BHG or Oder.
' Wrote:I am guessing this Apocalypse group was primarily operating in Liberty?

it was mainly delta gamma and kappa to my knowledge
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10