Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 6.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is the rule...

6.7 Attacking transports, liners or demanding cargo from the same is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
b) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
c) Order Guard vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
d) Blood Dragon Guard vessels within Chugoku;
e) Corsair Guard vessels within Omicron Gamma;
f) Outcast Guard vessels within Omicron Alpha;
g) Guard ID players in their -own- associated Guard system.
h) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.

right now a Liner or other transport with many turrents can attack Battleship or cruisers, and if the Cruiser attack back, the transportner can report the cruiser.. should self defence not be there also: and that is like always lossing 50% shield
Not written but of course you are acting in self defense. Anyways I dont think the admins will sanction a cruiser for a sanction that says "I attacked a cruiser in my liner and he fired back... sanchun him lulz"
If the transport is shooting at the cruiser / battleship with mining lasers, then nothing is going to happen to the cruiser or battleship anyway, since the shield will regen quicker than it will die. So no ham, no foul. Annoying? Yes. (And I've had that happen to me in the past.)

But -

This is where rule 5.2 comes into play.

Quote:5.2 All attacks must be the result of some form of role play. "Engaging" is not sufficient. An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Being hit with a CD is not considered an attack. If a player is attacked he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking.

Presuming that a transport or liner is foolish enough to shoot at a cruiser or battleship and actually damage his shields - then it's mortar time. (I would also recommend having FRAPS or something else running as well.) Remember - the cruiser / battleship did not initiate the attack.

Of course, if the ship can't actually do any damage - such as a Zoner Whale with no guns whatsoever - then ... yeah, leave 'em the heck alone.

There are loopholes that I would consider to be hostile acts, though, such as grouping with other hostiles (you may be feeding them bots).

A whale, for instance, could act as a makeshift repair ship.
If the trade ship takes you below 50% shield feel free to turn it into a pile of cinders.

' Wrote:There are loopholes that I would consider to be hostile acts, though, such as grouping with other hostiles (you may be feeding them bots).

A whale, for instance, could act as a makeshift repair ship.

Does this come into play?
I mean, someone could take a transport and just use it as an invulnerable repair ship..
If there is a Repair Ship, just let it repair. Attack it with Bombers, Fighters or Gunboats. But not with your Battleship and Cruiser.

It's just normal. In a normal war the "Red Cross Forces" arent allowed to be attacked.
' Wrote:Does this come into play?
I mean, someone could take a transport and just use it as an invulnerable repair ship..

I'm sure I saw an admin (Hoodlum, maybe?) post somewhere that if there is a transport ship (say a repair ship) handing out bots/bats, then it is part of the combat and is fair game for capital ships..

If I'm wrong, please correct me.