Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rules
OH! NO! rules rant, :rtfm:flame him, :nono:don't bother
3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private is prohibited under any circumstances. Any kind of flaming, threatening or insulting language directed at other members, factions or server administrators in chat, public or private, is prohibited on server and on forums. RP-related threats are allowed on the server.
Since everyone likes reporting people...

Anyways beyond that, I have enjoyed playing on the server. But lately theres too many rule breakages to try and report to sanction. I personally don't like to report people because of the odd punishments. Check the sanction reports, not very many warnings... half the time people didn't even remember doing something. Except for the "woohoo i get to report someone" people.

Lets see, you kill someone without RPing enough one day, not even thinking about it.(Sucks having to refer to a rule list while playing a game.) They die and pop back up ten seconds later(OH no big deal end of their day). The report goes through, and the person who broke the rules(maybe on accident) loses all of thier stuff and weeks worth of playing.

Why not make that person pay a fine to the person he killed?
No that would to be hard. Thus the system breaks.

So in short I am tired of alt tabbing or bringing up xfire to read rules to play A GAME!

Its ment to be fun!!!:yahoo:

All these rules have sucked all the fun out of it.:(

The only fun I have had lately was with friends in group chat rping.

And if you look at most systems, noone talks in system chat.(except for pirates but few RP anyways)

Everyone talks in group or private.

Its just not fun anymore.....:( So I uninstalled freelancer and mods to prevent myself from playing foward getting the massive battleship or getting high up in a group. Then losing it all to some random rule breakage.
Sorry, man. Take care.
' Wrote:Sorry, man. Take care.
Oh you should be sorry:Pnow pay up:)
Don't go. I had the same fear when I first started to play here. In time, I have picked up on the rules, realised that most of them are common sense, really, and after a while, it really became comfortable for me to play here. So, give it another shot. Maybe join a faction? I know it took me a long time to do it... from my shaky beginnings here, as a lolsair in Gamma, some year ago, then, joining the forum. Being frustrated by the rules, scared of Hoodlum, up to reaching the state of accepting it all, seeing the sense, and enjoying the game.
I worried a lot too in the beginning. Frankly, the admins here aren't ogres. If you find you've broken a rule, work with them.
The rules are all common sense and courtesy, really. There aren't any pitfalls or intentional traps.

Also, you've been playing in Liberty too much.