Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the AU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just a quick question...

Why are a Rheinland pirate group pirating in texas 15k from the NY gate? I mean... That's a bit out of your way, given you're a Rheinland group.

No need to post unless you're in the AU, or involved in some way. Just wanna get some clarification. If there are good reasons behind it then I'd like to know them so I'm not quite so confused about it.
' Wrote:Just a quick question...

Why are a Rheinland pirate group pirating in texas 15k from the NY gate? I mean... That's a bit out of your way, given you're a Rheinland group.

No need to post unless you're in the AU, or involved in some way. Just wanna get some clarification. If there are good reasons behind it then I'd like to know them so I'm not quite so confused about it.

I try to separate myself from such acts. We should be either (A in Hudson, trying to take Barrow to have a complete hold in the Borderworlds, or B) Directly assaulting Hamburg in hopes to take over Republican shipping facilities, spreading propaganda, etc.

South of Texas could be part of our ZoI, but the only reason why we would enter Texas would be to assist a Friendly group. (Namely in Texas: Zoners (as they supply the Unioners), Rogues, LRF and SCRA).

By pirating next of NY gate, we're accomplishing nothing that could be remotely related to our goals.

I didn't voice myself to you, Caglar, but I do find all this to be silly. As you've said the other day, it's time for us to change our structures and revise our goals.
The only time I've seen the AU in Texas is with us (LRF). Of course if this is a problem we can stop such joint operations.
' Wrote:The only time I've seen the AU in Texas is with us (LRF). Of course if this is a problem we can stop such joint operations.

I've heard some weird things about some AU members, such as a gunboat that was sitting by Buffalo base in New-York, as an example.

Assisting the LRF with one of their raids? Yeah, alright. Pirating the New-York/Houston lane by themselves? I think not. :/
' Wrote:Just a quick question...

Unioners are a Rheinlander group indeed, but given the fact that they are based from independent worlds and neighbouring to both Rheinland and Liberty, they may be well spotted in Texas as well as they could in Hamburg. I can't see anything wrong here unless there are server rules being broken.

Quote:I've heard some weird things about some AU members, such as a gunboat that was sitting by Buffalo base in New-York, as an example.
I haven't heard anything such as this. If you have a proof of any misbehaviour of one of my faction members, provide me with them and I'd take a look at it. Blurring the water by rumors ain't cool. And I'd prefer it without a trial by forums.
Still, taking Texas over isn't part of our goals, not yet. We have better things to do right now, I really don't see how spreading our relatively low number through 3 different systems, that are heavily defended because of the War, is doing us any good. :/

That's all I've had to say.
' Wrote:I've heard some weird things about some AU members, such as a gunboat that was sitting by Buffalo base in New-York, as an example.

Assisting the LRF with one of their raids? Yeah, alright. Pirating the New-York/Houston lane by themselves? I think not. :/

Well... One of the reasons I ask is that rheinland is somewhat quiet. I've been sat in dresden in a kruger tagged and ID'd mining ship for just a little over an hour now, with nothing happening. I've -never- been pirated in rheinland while on my traders, and I've only been involved in one fight with the Rheinland unlawfuls on my indy RM.

There is loads of trade and potential mining in Rheinland, yet I don't see the pirates to match it.

The AU are hardly pushing forward their own goals by pirating texas with -anyone-, let alone on their own.

To top it off, Liberty already has approximately 928364897256342 unlawful groups knocking about. I don't see any reason for a group of Rheinland pirates to add themselves to the list.

Proflock, while the Unioners are based in the borderworlds, so are the xenos generally. They have two bases in the borderworlds (Nome in Kepler and Barrow in Hudson), yet they concentrate purely on Liberty, and the borderworlds.

The Unioners are a similarly motivated group politically. What are they going to change about Rheinland by pirating texas?
I think Rheinland isn't that quiet with regard to military and VERY quiet to trade for various reasons which have been discussed elsewhere.
The Unioners must raise funds to continue their fight to liberate Alster. It's that simple. Liberty enforcers are fewer on the ground and as such, revenues are higher and easier to acquire. RM and RNC response can be, and often is, overwhelming.
Xenos concentrate where theres traffic. So do the Unioners.
With that in mind, 15k from the NY JH might be a little out of their way but it's still quite plausible, as long as it's not regular.
With regard to changing the political spectrum in Rheinland, it's not going to happen through piracy alone. RM/RNC have fought several battles with the various Rheinland pirate groups, Unioners included, be they indie pilots or AU members.
Guten tag

I have been in Texas few times, not at this particular time, but i go there to get donations to our cause. We are Rheinlanders indeed, and there is a war going on, so donations to our cause are most appreciated. And for was i heard and saw, one of our enemies, the xenos, participate on Liberty defence, so we can go hunt them down in Texas also, besides Hudson. The ESS issue is still going on also, so i dont see the point of asking was are we doing in Texas, i see Texas has part of our zoi, but in someway restricted.

Fur the Union

Matthias Zevonen
' Wrote:No need to post unless you're in the AU, or involved in some way.

Also, Grail, that's almost as bad as a Corsair halting people for 'donations' in Alaska. You're supposed to cripple Rheinland, not Liberty. It derails from your purpose. Not to mention getting in Xeno/Outcast/Lane Hacker territory. Those folks hate rheinlanders with a passion.
Pages: 1 2 3