Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: reinstall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can anyone 0e tell if i need to reinstall my vista and the freelancer will i loose my character,level,money? does the server keep the data or do i have to back up any file from the previesly installed freelancer?
I believe this is the right forum for your issue.
In my opinion, this can easily be solved by backing up files regardless of what you find out, just to be safe.
Write down your account ID, before doing it!
Or you can just write down/print your ID. You can see it in an exe file in (surprise) EXE folder. The file is flcid.exe or something like that...

Edit: Ok, so it's myflaccountid.hta
bcking up files yes but which files ?
' Wrote:Or you can just write down/print your ID. You can see it in an exe file in (surprise) EXE folder. The file is flcid.exe or something like that...

Edit: Ok, so it's myflaccountid.hta
ok i have found the file with the id what do i do with it ?i backing it up and paste it to the new game?
' Wrote:ok i have found the file with the id what do i do with it ?i backing it up and paste it to the new game?

Yes, write it down or something, they you will have to manually type it when the game asks for it. It's when you click on multiplayer for the first time, there you delete the offered one and type in our own.
' Wrote:Yes, write it down or something, they you will have to manually type it when the game asks for it. It's when you click on multiplayer for the first time, there you delete the offered one and type in our own.

that's weird cause whenever I reinstall FL I just take the suggested one and everything works perfectly, my file is still there and all it's stuff.
' Wrote:that's weird cause whenever I reinstall FL I just take the suggested one and everything works perfectly, my file is still there and all it's stuff.

No, that *points at your post* is weird. I shouldn't work like that.
' Wrote:No, that *points at your post* is weird. I shouldn't work like that.

hmm, so I see. But it works and I have no idea why.