Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Using my laptop and PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

It's obvious that if I were to use my laptop as well as my desktop to convoy to transports, I would make twice as much money.

Is there a rule agains this? I didn't see anything, but maybe I'm not looking carefully enough, or in the right place.

Could someone please confirm?

Kind regards,
Halogen
Rule 2.1
Quote:2. Cheating & Hacking

2.1 Following actions are considered cheating on server:
- Using non-Discovery mods, speed-related and loot-related mods especially, as well as using modifications that improve stats of items and ships;
- Changing account information and using any kinds of software that changes normal gameplay;
- Using any equipment not included for sale/looting in Discovery mod, cloaks for example;
- Using equipment that exceeds ship specs;
- Cloning, e.g. creating new characters to collect starting money;
- Single player using two or more computers to fly their own characters.

Keep in mind that maximum allowed cruise speed in Discovery is 350, with higher speed possible only when catching up with a group.

2.2 Threats or attempts to hack server, both successful and unsuccessful, will result in banning server account forever, as well as blocking access to server and to forums.

It has been said before, and I will repeat it here:

[color=#ffff33]If you need to do a quick transfer between two characters, and it is during a time that the server is nowhere near full, this is allowed. We do have ways of monitoring multiple ships being run from the same IP.

And just to put 2.2 out there as well - don't even JOKE about hacking the server. That will result in, at a minimum, with a 30 day or probably perma-ban.

I still fear when my friends come over to do stuff and end all playing freelancer, I usually watch TV until they are gone :$
' Wrote:I still fear when my friends come over to do stuff and end all playing freelancer, I usually watch TV until they are gone :$

You are permitted to play with friends (or family) from the same IP address. We don't mind this. Please do it.
What about when I play along with one of my other personalities?
And what if I am a friend of myself?
' Wrote:And what if I am a friend of myself?

Don't be silly, you know the answer to that.
I think what server mostly frowns upon (ofcourse, they frown upon every possible play with two computers by yourself) is convoy trading, or something similar.
I recall someone saying that if server is empty, and characters aren't touching...
But that was few weeks ago. I'm not sure anymore.
I did trade once while I used the laptop to actually move other characters around to their respective bases. But convoys are what we're fighting against, especially those Trader01 and Trader02 chars that tend to pop around
' Wrote:What about when I play along with one of my other personalities?
' Wrote:And what if I am a friend of myself?

I think the answer to that is no, hell no, and erm, no.